The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 NHL Entry Draft

26 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Like all this. But Sergachev and Dennis Kearns shoot left. 

Sergachev played the right side in his draft year. 

If the argument is that we picked positional need over MT which is a trash argument. Serg was clearly the correct positional pick. 

Maybe OJ was BPA on our board and the pick wasn't positional at all. We've needed a PWF since Bert. 

Edited by hammertime
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, hammertime said:

ASP may be another Boqvist. Boqvist was an incredible prospect though. If Hughes isn't there I make that pick every time in 2018. It's not like there were massive red flags with Boqvist. 

Reinbacher is a top D in one of the best mens leagues in the world. If he was over hyped he wouldn't be playing those minutes. If you're interested watch him at the upcoming world championships. Then decide. 

I'm definitely excited to see how Reinbacher does at the World Championships. I've been pretty high on Reinbacher for a while but even I have questions about what his ultimate high-end potential is. Is closest production comparable is Josi's D+1 season and style-wise he reminds me a lot of Pietrangelo, but I'm definitely not convinced he will become as good as those players. That being said his floor is incredibly high and it would take a major development screw-up for him not to become an NHL player. 

Ultimately, even if Reinbacher just becomes a #3 guy in his prime (a la Bieksa) that is still more useful to the organization than a 2C or scoring winger. Add to that a true #3 whose game compliments Hughes could be one of the best pairings in the league.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

I'm definitely excited to see how Reinbacher does at the World Championships. I've been pretty high on Reinbacher for a while but even I have questions about what his ultimate high-end potential is. Is closest production comparable is Josi's D+1 season and style-wise he reminds me a lot of Pietrangelo, but I'm definitely not convinced he will become as good as those players. That being said his floor is incredibly high and it would take a major development screw-up for him not to become an NHL player. 

Ultimately, even if Reinbacher just becomes a #3 guy in his prime (a la Bieksa) that is still more useful to the organization than a 2C or scoring winger. Add to that a true #3 whose game compliments Hughes could be one of the best pairings in the league.

You mean all time best RHD in franchise history Kevin Bieksa. Let that sink in. Ya I agree. 

• Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, hammertime said:

You mean all time best RHD in franchise history Kevin Bieksa DENNIS KEARNS. Let that sink in. Ya I agree. 

I love the juice, But Kearns was a beast of a player for his size even without the monstrous PIMs but I agree Bieksa was the better leader on the blue line

2 hours ago, Isam said:

Problem is 2024 is better in rhd then now. 

Is it though?? 

Theres Mews, Badinka, Soini, Levshunov

Most of the top D are Lefties, Kiviharju, Dickinson, Vaisanen, Whipple.......ETC

Edited by hammertime

14 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

This can not be discounted.

Adding someone who will compliment and enhance Hughes' already stellar play would make the blueline beyond formidable.  because if Hughes had a defensively responsible quality 2a or 2b RHD behind him as a complimentary partner it would be scary for opposing teams to try to attack wthout being bottled up or sent packing on an odd man rush

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Sergachev played the right side in his draft year. 

If the argument is that we picked positional need over MT which is a trash argument. Serg was clearly the correct positional pick. 

Maybe OJ was BPA on our board and the pick wasn't positional at all. We've needed a PWF since Bert. 

Post said RHD. Sergachev is an LHD. And so is kearns. Them’s the facts.

Oj was the wrong choice regardless of which way he shot. Benning :picard:

• There it is 1

7 minutes ago, hammertime said:

You mean all time best RHD in franchise history Kevin Bieksa. Let that sink in. Ya I agree. 

Personally I'm taking Lidster over Bieksa, and I think uninjured Salo was better, but ya, it really speaks to how poor a job the team has done in drafting and developing RHD. 

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I love the juice, But Kearns was a beast of a player for his size even without the monstrous PIMs but I agree Bieksa was the better leader on the blue line

Kearns was a LHD who played his off side, but yes he was a great Canuck.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Post said RHD. Sergachev is an LHD. And so is kearns. Them’s the facts.

Oj was the wrong choice regardless of which way he shot. Benning :picard:

I mean if youre gonna hang him for OJ you should also probably praise him for Pete Hughes. We could have Glass Boqvist. 

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I mean if youre gonna hang him for OJ you should also probably praise him for Pete Hughes. We could have Glass Boqvist. 

Our forum has been through this a lot. Benning did good bringing in Hughes, Petey, Demko, Miller. But he missed on supporting those guys. New management will support our core like Gillis did and we will be great again! 
They will pick ASP. So we will see Hughes and Hronek supported by young guys like D Petey and ASP. 
Hronek, ASP, Woo will be a good right side. Hughes, Hirose, D Petey. Nice left side. 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Who do you guys like more between Wood and Honzek. That's a tricky one for me.

IF the plan for Wood is C next year and thats what Wood wants to play I like Wood more.

Wood is a good puck distributer and has wicked hands.

I see a higher offensive ceiling for Wood than Honzek.

When I watch Honzek play I see a guy that is just very big and strong in the WHL.

I have gone and watched a lot of him this past little bit since his name has been BUZZZZING. I still need to see more though for a final opinion.

He just scares me. I know you cant teach size and he has lots of time to improve and develop lots of parts of his game. But at his age and at this snap shot moment in time I find him very difficult to project.

Wood is almost the same size and I see the potential and more offensive skills from him.

But there is something to be said about a simple, smart, power game from a C and that could be Honzek

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Our forum has been through this a lot. Benning did good bringing in Hughes, Petey, Demko, Miller. But he missed on supporting those guys. New management will support our core like Gillis did and we will be great again! 
They will pick ASP. So we will see Hughes and Hronek supported by young guys like D Petey and ASP. 
Hronek, ASP, Woo will be a good right side. Hughes, Hirose, D Petey. Nice left side. 

ASP is not close to the NHL right now. I'm not saying its the wrong pick I'm just sayin youre all over the place. Win now I'm old. OJ over Tkachuk JB bad. Draft ASP though. 

Theres no continuity to your thought process. But I guess that shouldn't be a surprise. 

Edited by hammertime
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Since were on this RHD talk here's some ammo for all you BPA guys out there. 

Burkie took Kadri that year. Think he wanted both Schenns though. 

Burkie led scouting team had Kassian in their top 7 sounds about right

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, hammertime said:

imagine if we took glass our franchise would be in greater shambles

• Cheers 2