The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 NHL Entry Draft

7 hours ago, HighOnHockey said:

I caught the back half of the AIK game today on my lunch break. Best showing I've seen from Dvorsky so far at the pro level. Pretty much everything I wanted to see from him, I saw. He's looking more confident, carrying the puck through the neutral zone on a number of occasions. Nothing flashy but he gained the zone with control successfully every time. He shot the puck every chance he got. Forced a couple of turnovers in the offensive zone and made plenty of good plays all over the defensive zone.

What do you think of Dvorksy & Sale, pro upside & how they compare/how you rate them?

Seen both a little bit at international tournaments & they've both had their moments.

10 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

Crazy Lottery on TSN.   If this happened Canucks nation would go BANANAS.  

Not done by cpu, but the exact way the league does it.  It'd be disappointing not to get bedard, but what a consolation prize.

Who do they take?  I think they take Michkov

Could Michkov turn out anything like Kaprizov? I haven't watched enough Michkov video.

Shocked that Kaprizov was taken in the 5th round. What a steal by MIN. He's only 5'10", but solid at 200 lbs. Michkov would definitely need to put on some muscle weight.

38 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

how much difference is there between fantilli and carlsson? which one is closer to playing in the nhl?

I liked fantilli more in the wjhc........he seemed more dynamic, but carlsson had more hype, imo.

Michkov is probably significantly better than both

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I liked fantilli more in the wjhc........he seemed more dynamic, but carlsson had more hype, imo.

Michkov is probably significantly better than both

Doubt Michov will go before 4th or even later...

3 years is a long time to wait especially when nothing is guaranteed...

But man o man drafting in the top 4 this year would be fun...

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Doubt Michov will go before 4th or even later...

3 years is a long time to wait especially when nothing is guaranteed...

But man o man drafting in the top 4 this year would be fun...

Hard to say, he's that good.

• Cheers 1

If Michkov is available at our pick (assuming it's not top 3) do you take him? 

My thought with Podkolzin was that most of the guys would take 2 years anyways, so despite not having control over his development it would be worth it given he had pro strength at 19. 

But that was only 2 years, I think Michkov is 3. But when he comes it could be like adding a Panarin or Kaprizov.

(Say a guy like Reinbacher is also available that could be a big piece of our defense)

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I like Reinbacher & Yager. Also opening up to Simashev. Dvorsky seems good too.

Big thing with reinbacher dude is that he is a little overhyped as the next josi and he is not that as of now. He is nowhere as close athletically as josi was at that age. However, he is smart and reliable.

• There it is 1

3 minutes ago, Isam said:

Big thing with reinbacher dude is that he is a little overhyped as the next josi and he is not that as of now. He is nowhere as close athletically as josi was at that age. However, he is smart and reliable.

I'm not expecting him to be an point producing #1D like Josi, but if he could be a good #2 that can play big mins that's incredibly valuable.

9 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

If Michkov is available at our pick (assuming it's not top 3) do you take him? 

My thought with Podkolzin was that most of the guys would take 2 years anyways, so despite not having control over his development it would be worth it given he had pro strength at 19. 

But that was only 2 years, I think Michkov is 3. But when he comes it could be like adding a Panarin or Kaprizov.

(Say a guy like Reinbacher is also available that could be a big piece of our defense)

Reinbacher isn't top 10, so the Canucks would have to fall significantly to have that make sense.