The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022-23 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

1 minute ago, BarnBurner said:

Wolanin sure is having an amazing season. He looked great at 

training camp too. 

He's still pretty sketchy on d though.  There's a lot of giveaways that come with his game.  Juulsens a better overall dman, imo.

He's having a great year though, I agree

Edited by stawns

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I love Wouters, not flashy but solid.

It’s great to see others notice him. Last year he just walked onto the club and performed like a vet. They had him out there winning draws on the PK and everythingas a rookie! I got laughed at for saying we may have a good 4 C in the making last year. But I do stand by that comment. And seeing his growth this year I have no doubt he will grow into an NHLer at some point. Whether it’s just part time or full time. Great story of hard work.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

He's still pretty sketchy on d though.  There's a lot of giveaways that come with his game.  Juulsens a better overall dman, imo.

He's having a great year though, I agree

I don't get to watch the games, so I wouldn't know that. But if he can improve his D, 

the guy's got game. That's good to hear about Juulsen too. 

5 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Tocchet's going to love him when finally gets the call.   He protects the puck along the boards as well as any NHLer Ive seen for a few years 

I hate to say it’s all the “little” things he does well…but it’s true! And I love his grit to go with it. That’s been my biggest surprise from him. I did not expect it at all.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

It’s great to see others notice him. Last year he just walked onto the club and performed like a vet. They had him out there winning draws on the PK and everythingas a rookie! I got laughed at for saying we may have a good 4 C in the making last year. But I do stand by that comment. And seeing his growth this year I have no doubt he will grow into an NHLer at some point. Whether it’s just part time or full time. Great story of hard work.

2nd year pro named Captain is almost unheard of.......just a testament to who he is 

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Nooks said:

He does an interesting thing on the draw when it’s backhand using his stick like a righty

I have seen that, pretty neat trick. Curious to see how it plays out in the NHL. I really like his adaptability. And after only 1 week of practice with the club he looks way sharper. 

2 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

I don't get to watch the games, so I wouldn't know that. But if he can improve his D, 

the guy's got game. That's good to hear about Juulsen too. 

Don't get me wrong, he's a great player and not terrible defensively.........but he gives the puck away at the blue line quite a bit.

Juulsen is a schenn type of dman......good for a few big hits a game and he puts up points to boot.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I have seen that, pretty neat trick. Curious to see how it plays out in the NHL. I really like his adaptability. And after only 1 week of practice with the club he looks way sharper. 

I'd say he's there 1C in short order here.  I'd love to see

Hogz Raty Karlsson

Just now, stawns said:

Don't get me wrong, he's a great player and not terrible defensively.........but he gives the puck away at the blue line quite a bit.

Juulsen is a schenn type of dman......good for a few big hits a game and he puts up points to boot.

That's good to hear, on both accounts. 

And Juulsen's a righty?

I'd say he's there 1C in short order here.  I'd love to see

Hogz Raty Karlsson

No offence to Dowling…but I agree. I think it will happen eventually. That line would by dynamite.

Dowling has done very well all year so you want to make sure he gets what he is due, but dropping him down to 2 C is no issue. 

• There it is 1

1 minute ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Yup he is…Juulsen actually reminds me of Schenn the way he skates and plays the game. Very similar styles in my opinion.

That's pretty good, and he's only 25, from Surrey. 

Hopefully he can take it to the next level. That would be awesome. 

• Cheers 1

I think he could be in Van right now

Probably will be if the trade Schenn. He didn’t look out of place when we called him up last time either.

Woo is a different player this year too.

We may not have any sexy defensive prospects but if we develop these guys correctly we can get some good depth going at the very least. With injuries on the parent club you always need some good 6/7/8 dmen to plug into your team and keep things steady. 

• Cheers 1