The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nashville Predators at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 05, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

53 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

I know. All these media guys have to stop talking about contracts.  Its all we here about.   I miss the days when you rarely heard about what a player was making.  Now you have families and players wives, moms and dads involved deciding how much they should earn.  This isnt what sport is about.  You never heard about contract talk from greats like yzerman, sakic, lemeuix, kariya, the list goes on.  

Agree 100%...

Now its all about the earnings, so the fans can hate them a little more if it goes pear shaped...

First thing is always ' at that salary he should do better"... and while probably true, the player only makes, what the club signed him for... 

• Vintage 1

34 minutes ago, stawns said:

You sell, for sure, but you don't sell on the young players with their prime years ahead of them and you don't sell on players who play key ropes that you don't have replacements for.  You can sell on miller without taking a massive step backwards because there are players who can fill that role.  You don't sell on Bo because there is no one on the team or in the system to fill that role and they'd be taking a massive, likely catastrophic step backward by doing so.

I'd sell everyone on the current 2nd and 3rd lines plus any defenders anyone wanted expect Hughes. I look at EPs line like our 1st regardless how Bruce lays it out.

I'll never see BO leaving as catastrophic. If we walks yes? But to not expect atleast TWO major pieces coming back is just silly. As our younger guys we won't trade start to ascend, the two pieces will prove to have soooo much more value than BO as a inflated dollar and term rate

Edited by Mustard Tiger
  • There it is 1

Just now, BigTramFan said:

My point is not whether winning faceoffs are important. More that if you shouldn't be paying someone $7-8m x 8 years for just their faceoff ability, i.e. do we want a $7.5m Beagle?

Well Bo brings significantly more than just faceoff ability so it's a moot point. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Sign Bo, Kuzmenko, trade Miller for top 4 dman prospect pick, Boeser/Garland for pick/prospect/checking C, Myers for pick/retention if needed. 

If we can move on from those other fwds for solid enough value that greatly improves our prospect pool...I understand and also keep BO

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I'd sell everyone on the current 2nd and 3rd lines plus any defenders anyone wanted expect Hughes. I look at EPs line like our 1st regardless how Bruce lays it out.

I'll never see BO leaving as catastrophic. If we walks yes? But to not expect atleast TWO major pieces coming back is just silly. As our younger guys we won't trade start to ascend, they two pieces will prove to have soooo much more value than BO as a inflated dollar and term rate

Yes we may see two big pieces at least come back and hopefully more...

However was that not the same with Miller?

I do agree and expect a great haul if Bo leaves. He is amongst the leagues best scorers now, and very good at FO's... but we never know for sure, what tomorrow brings.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Mustard Tiger said:

If we can move on from those other fwds for solid enough value that greatly improves our prospect pool...I understand and also keep BO

Yeah, I’d like that group moved for a top 4 defenseman, checking forward that can play C. Then Picks and prospects for the rest. See if this season can be salvaged but be better long term too. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Yeah, I’d like that group moved for a top 4 defenseman, checking forward that can play C. Then Picks and prospects for the rest. See if this season can be salvaged but be better long term too. 

Being the most important part...

10 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I'll never see BO leaving as catastrophic. If we walks yes? But to not expect atleast TWO major pieces coming back is just silly. As our younger guys we won't trade start to ascend, the two pieces will prove to have soooo much more value than BO as a inflated dollar and term rate

One of the most prolific scorers in the league, captain, one of the most prolific face off guys in the league.  You think there's someone to replace that in this org?

• Upvote 2
  • There it is 1

7 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Yes we may see two big pieces at least come back and hopefully more...

However was that not the same with Miller?

I do agree and expect a great haul if Bo leaves. He is amongst the leagues best scorers now, and very good at FO's... but we never know for sure, what tomorrow brings.

And you're not going to get that back in a trade and they don't have it within the org.  In a league where possession is key, moving one of the top face off guys in the league seems like a ticket to another decade of futility

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Well Bo brings significantly more than just faceoff ability so it's a moot point. 

Well now you're changing the conversation to what Bo brings now, when the conversation was what sort of game he will play in the last 3 years of a new 8 year contract (age 34-36). This is what happens when you jump into a conversation without reading the previous posts.

14 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

My point is not whether winning faceoffs are important. More that if you shouldn't be paying someone $7-8m x 8 years for just their faceoff ability, i.e. do we want a $7.5m Beagle?

Also currently one of the most prolific goal scorers in the league........on top of being one of the top face off guys

• Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

And you're not going to get that back in a trade and they don't have it within the org.  In a league where possession is key, moving one of the top face off guys in the league seems like a ticket to another decade of futility

If its a choice between Miller and Bo, Bo stays...

My response were more towards all the trade proposals/expectations of offer for Miller leading up to the TDL and Summer...

Think a lot of folks here found out that despite Miller having a cracking year, other teams weren't prepared to offer their futures to sign him.

5 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

Well now you're changing the conversation to what Bo brings now, when the conversation was what sort of game he will play in the last 3 years of a new 8 year contract (age 34-36). This is what happens when you jump into a conversation without reading the previous posts.

I think Bo brings more both now and in the last 3 years of a contract compared to JT. Significantly more. 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, Shayster007 said:

Yup. We have seen what Miller will be as he ages. Now imagine his play this year without him picking up points. Oh dear...

I think Miller's offense will continue through his declining years (but obviously it will decline over time) because of the sort of game he plays and what his skill set is

With simply the kids in the system and what's hopefully a top 5 pick this year..

KUZ-EP-MIK

23'1st-BO-McDonough 

Karlsson/Hogs-???-Podz

Joshua-Aman-Lockwood

I really belive in AM. I would like to give him / karlsson / podz real offensive opportunity. The problem would be this doesn't really fix our need for defensive fwds unless that 3c is a godsend lol. I'm also not super convinced hogs will be a mainstay either but simply going off who's in the system right now.

3 years from now we are probably looking at adding lekki as well...