The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOUR] Vancouver and Columbus in trade talks

4 minutes ago, The King of Kings said:

If his agent ever let his client to think that way, I wonder how that agent could survive in this business.

Horvat's agent is one of the best in the business.  It's the reason he isn't signed yet and won't be until he's either a UFA or a trade is made...

3 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

#1. The cup is very illusive for 1 thing, better to part of the solution

#2. Columbus has a very good stable of young players, even after offering up a few

#3. Columbus is riddle with injuries

#4. Ridding themselves of Voracek, while adding Horvat has huge value to Columbus

Think he would rather go to the leafs with Schenn to win,then sign a multi-year deal.

CBJ are as close to a cup as Buffalo.

2 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

These guys want money........................

He does not hate Vancouver. He has friends and family here, and a house

If he is signing for 5, 6, or even 7 million, he probably can stay here

Yes and I wish he would resign,but we need changes and he would get us the most back at this point.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So how many Stanley Cup contenders will have $8 million in free cap space to sign Horvat in the summer?  It's easy to say he will just sign with a contender.  Which contender right now has the cap space to add him to their roster next summer?

Boston - they have a ton of UFA next year.

Toronto - if they move one of their big 4.

Detroit - has cap space and lots of UFA.

Carolina - trade Kot and Staal is UFA, so there’s room.

7 minutes ago, BPA said:

Boston - they have a ton of UFA next year..........................................yes, if they don't resign

Toronto - if they move one of their big 4...............................................who can afford a "BIG" 4 contract, if they can not afford Horvat?

Detroit - has cap space and lots of UFA...............................................nice team not a contender yet

Carolina - trade Kot and Staal is UFA, so there’s room.......................who takes Kot, without some big assets coming back, then they might as                                                                                                                   well make a trade with Van and be able to move bad cap..........

Maybe Boston..........I could see that...........but how would they know? And Boston does not have the assets to trade with Vancouver, without weakening their team

Edited by J.I.A.H.N

I think Bo does want to win so trade him to a top team and the leafs is near where he grew up so makes sense since they have cap room. 

Throw in Schenn get a better return. 

Get back picks plus 2or 3 young good prospects which they have would help us and them . 

Or trade Miller and Schenn plus Myers which more then one team are interested. 

Try trading BB and Pearson at tdl. 

We can make cap room and make us better.

6 minutes ago, BPA said:

Boston - they have a ton of UFA next year.

Toronto - if they move one of their big 4.

Detroit - has cap space and lots of UFA.

Carolina - trade Kot and Staal is UFA, so there’s room.

Detroit isn't a cup contender.  Toronto already has a 1C and a 2C.  That leaves Boston and Carolina.  Two teams, which is what I thought.  Johnny had two teams as well.  Does Horvat want to take a risk that one of those two teams gives him a retirement contract, or does he take the guaranteed money from Columbus if they trade for him?  Also, Columbus would be able to give him an 8th year on term, which would put an additional $8 million in Horvat's pocket...

• Cheers 1