The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 FIFA World Cup

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I got sick of Seattle not trying to fix glaring problems with its offensive line. In combination of arrogant players, and owners. I just got totally turned off.

And I grew up with and love football. If I'm at a pub and a game is on I'll watch. But I don't go out of my way. Gambling sites and talk about football spreads turn me off too.

It's actually pretty disturbing how pervasive gambling has become in all sports now that they've legalized it in Canada. I joke about it a lot, but I know that if I ever seriously started doing it, I'd never be able to stop.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I got sick of Seattle not trying to fix glaring problems with its offensive line. In combination of arrogant players, and owners. I just got totally turned off.

And I grew up with and love football. If I'm at a pub and a game is on I'll watch. But I don't go out of my way. Gambling sites and talk about football spreads turn me off too.

i'm a niners fan, i got sick of qbs who stare down the same receiver (kaep, grappolo). Hoping purdy can buck the trend. Love seattle's d and love the niners d this year.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

It's actually pretty disturbing how pervasive gambling has become in all sports now that they've legalized it in Canada. I joke about it a lot, but I know that if I ever seriously started doing it, I'd never be able to stop.

6/49 is the limit for me. I know from hockey pools in the past, my judgement and love of certain players and teams would just be me throwing my money away.

Edited by Ghostsof1915

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

6/49 is the limit for me. I know from hockey pools int he past, my judgement and love of certain players and teams would just be me throwing my money away.

My fave year ever was the year Bert busted out. We were league where the value of a player would go up and down like a stock. I was down bad and said eff it and picked up Bert and Naslund during the year they made names for themselves and took over. My whole team was Canucks and by the ends I'd sold them all except Bert and Nas and the total value of my team was 2x everyone else. 

I won that $500 handedly! 

• Like 1