The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 19, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

The Laffs did a rebuild but Dubas in his genuine, forgot a cap existed cause he taught building a team, like a child would in the Playstation will work.  More than 50, of their cap on 3-5 players is not a Cup contender cause they had also mismanaged their drafting & development vs what Col has accomplished.  It always, goes back to leadership 

Leafs rebuild was doing fine until they got rid of all the hockey people and let an unqualified analytics dweeb run the team.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Isn't that Washington NFL owner the guy who was found guilty in court for creating a toxic work culture in his organization?  I'm not sure he's the model anyone wants to follow.   Good question about the Laffs though,  where would they be without AM?

He is god awful, hated by all. Not suggesting to be like him, more saying that tv revenue allows him to be an absolute trash owner.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

The Laffs did a rebuild but Dubas in his genuine, forgot a cap existed cause he taught building a team, like a child would in the Playstation will work.  More than 50, of their cap on 3-5 players is not a Cup contender cause they had also mismanaged their drafting & development vs what Col has accomplished.  It always, goes back to leadership 

Ah ok thanks. I was used to the aging pointless leafs so they do seem much better with younger talent but seems like not enough grit and too concentrated.

1 minute ago, R3aL said:

I honestly disagree. Mikehyev was a great add in my opinion. We needed a forward with his toolbox in our mix.

I support the Mik signing 100%

Yes and Yes to both of you. Mik was a great signing IF you had a plan for the D and didn’t need the $. His speed and prowess is perfect with Peterson, and his 200’ game and ok are a bonus.

Problem here; PA blew 20m like a drunken sailor, and actually made the defense worse ( I like Bear, but Hamonic is a better player). So, the front office that has blamed the cap for their struggles is the same that has contoured the struggles. Mik and Beoser $ woulda bought us a hell of a top 4 dman!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, OldFaithfulCap said:

Ah ok thanks. I was used to the aging pointless leafs so they do seem much better with younger talent but seems like not enough grit and too concentrated.

Not to mention the fact that they refuse to bring in actual NHLers for their blueline, and signed an AHL pylon to an 8 year contract.  Dubas is up there with Millbury and Gillis as one of the stupidest GMs in the history of the league.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

Always goes back to their own version of incompetent leadership but a regular win, is still enough to fill their seats and keep their ownership fat....

• Cheers 2

Depends on the fans attending or being invited: the so called, "true fans" virtue signaling or just a regular fan.

I think the last one was made available to season ticket holders. Real fans cover a wide gamut of people. That being said, I can’t stand the “fans” who think that blind allegiance is the only way to be a fan. Those folks need to (expletive deleted). 

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Not to mention the fact that they refuse to bring in actual NHLers for their blueline, and signed an AHL pylon to an 8 year contract.  Dubas is up there with Millbury and Gillis as one of the stupidest GMs in the history of the league.

Dubas forgot about the cap cause he was building his roster, in FRANCHISE MODE.

As a Canuck fan, the Laffs are in good hands and should extend Dubas

Edited by ShawnAntoski

5 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

100%

We have way too many forwards eating too much Cap. I would trade him. Easier than trading any of the others with term.

And that is situation created by PA, not JB. People can blame JB for OEL and Myers, but they can’t blame him for the fwd…PA and JR wear that.

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think the last one was made available to season ticket holders. Real fans cover a wide gamut of people. That being said, I can’t stand the “fans” who think that blind allegiance is the only way to be a fan. Those folks need to (expletive deleted). 

The blind can't see but it is their choice, money and time.  Personally, I want a Cup and a better product for my money. 

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

He’s a decent 3rd pairing player; we have a bunch of them though. He is a knife at a gunfight to what we needed…and he cost us a 3rd

I was just making fun of the strange phenomenon of people putting 'Mc' before his last name. So I called him Irish. 

It's Dermott...not McDermott

I agree though, he's  a good 3rd pairing dude. Don't expect more than that from him. 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Cheers 1

The blind can't see but it is their choice, money and time.  Personally, I want a Cup and better product for my money. 

To each their own for sure, but some can’t stay in their lane and want to tell others how to drive. 

As a long suffering fan of this team, I want to see a cohesive roster of players willing to go to war together. A team with an actual identity who understand what it takes to actually win rather than a team that just wants to play out the clock. 

• Cheers 4