The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Florida Panthers | Jan. 14, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

The sad part of reality is the new management is taking no accountability and blaming a Coach that played .678 Hockey with the same roster and system last year. They have somehow made the situation worse by doubling down on players that needed to move in order to do a retool on a roster that wasn’t constructed right in the first place. 

Funny how after one year on the job it feels like we just had Bennings 9th season as GM and we at least had some hope he would get fired and replaced by competent people. JR and PA are clearly way over their heads here, Aquillini will be paying for this mistake big time. 

Accountability is the key word here. 

40 minutes ago, KyGuy123 said:

The sad part of reality is the new management is taking no accountability and blaming a Coach that played .678 Hockey with the same roster and system last year. They have somehow made the situation worse by doubling down on players that needed to move in order to do a retool on a roster that wasn’t constructed right in the first place. 

Funny how after one year on the job it feels like we just had Bennings 9th season as GM and we at least had some hope he would get fired and replaced by competent people. JR and PA are clearly way over their heads here, Aquillini will be paying for this mistake big time. 

I find it hard to take them seriously now that they have gone into hiding. They don't do interviews with anyone. They edit out content in media scrums, particularly if the content makes them look bad. I really just want someone who cares at the top and says enough is enough. No one other than Smyl was willing to do that and then they burried him.  They need to come out and set a direction for their fans. Saying  the same thing as Benning makes no sense.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

28 minutes ago, KyGuy123 said:

Yep.

I'd understand it if they just came out and say that they are being patient until they gain some cap flexibility.

Blaming the coach? They are just looking for a scapegoat.

5 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Yes. On their website they cut the part out of Quinn Hughes media scrum about Pearson and how they mishandled his injury. The only way it got out was that Patrick Johnston posted it.

Editing content- does not equal hiring their own press.

19 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I fixed it, but you got to admit, it was sneaky. 

I only mention it because there were rumours a bout a couple of years back, that the Canucks had hired a PR guy- that was double duty as a 'reporter' and was hoping for confirmation.

Was about the same time that Sekeres was having a spat with Imac regarding reporters not traveling with the team, but kinda pretending they were.

4 hours ago, Hockey101 said:

We dont need a Bedard we need a defenseman.

We have no notable centres outside of the NHL. No significant prospects.

Our dearth of quality RHD just seems to dwarf it because so thin at the NHL level.  By my best guess we should have about 5 more RHD prospects in our system than we do. 
Only thing we should feel good about is our depth of winger prospects. It is bustling. 
That is why team needs gutting, to rebuild the system. 

On 1/14/2023 at 8:07 PM, DeNiro said:

Just when we thought we’re at the bottom…

I see us being where Edmonton and Buffalo were like 10-15 years ago.

We’ll continue to cycle through coaches because the team just can’t win. Except our idiot owner will continue to try and spend his way to a playoff spot so we’ll never get better.

Its the dark ages again. :picard:

And Buffalo and Edmonton are still there.