The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | January (15-21) 2023

Rate this topic

7 hours ago, flat land fish said:

Unfortunate for pacioretty but will put Carolina in a position to take on Salary at the trade deadline and they should be motivated buyers.  

Agreed, they also have plenty of cap space entering next year to retain anyone they trade for. Hard to say what Pacioretty would be looking for next year if they want to keep him but can't imagine he will get another 7M, and doubt Staal will need 6M again next year given age and production this year. 

Maybe they would be interested in a Miller conversation given their situation? 

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

This is the kind of tank we’re up against.

Convenient their top scorer just happens to go down right after their GM admits he told the coach to tank. :rolleyes:

It hurts the tank, for sure 

But at the same time there's no way they'd get away with shutting down a player if there wasn't truth to it

Particularly with Caufield being a pending RFA, dude was on pace to hit 40-50+, that's money out of his pocket 

Edited by Coconuts

Shame Anaheim couldn't hold it together, they were tied going into the third 

But we were never likely to catch them I guess, at least this keeps Buffalo ahead of us 

Just need Arizona, Chicago, New York Isles, Montreal, San Jose, Ottawa, and Florida to get points

One of Philly or Detroit has to win so that's helpful, hoping for a three point game 

We ain't catching Arizona or Chicago but I don't want either of them getting Bedard, the more they win the better 

Edited by Coconuts

8 hours ago, DeNiro said:

This is the kind of tank we’re up against.

Convenient their top scorer just happens to go down right after their GM admits he told the coach to tank. :rolleyes:

Yes. They’re making him have shoulder surgery mid contract year to help the tank.  Has nothing to do with him needing the surgery now to be ready to go next session 

17 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Yes. They’re making him have shoulder surgery mid contract year to help the tank.  Has nothing to do with him needing the surgery now to be ready to go next session 

I posted that before i knew about the surgery. ;)

Edited by DeNiro