The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | January (15-21) 2023

Rate this topic

34 minutes ago, Apricot said:

I don’t think a lot of people are understanding this pride jersey incident. Yes, it is about the actual incident of him refusing to wear it, and Torts not benching him because of it, but in the bigger picture, it’s more about how this shows that hockey isn’t actually for everyone. The NHL has had the hockey is for everyone initiative for a while now, the NHL is showing its support to the LGBTQ community and when a player refuses to wear a pride jersey for a warmup and when a coach doesn’t decide to bench him for it, the inclusivity that the NHL is saying they have, is gone. There are hundreds of NHL players, and there are bound to be a few in the LGBTQ community, but players are scared to come out because of situations like this. That’s the bigger picture. 

While I understand this; it is also the case that today people who do not feel the same as the LGBTQ community are stupid to say anything as everybody jumps all over them.

e.g. A woman in BC protested that she did not want her infant child to be taught gender identification issues in school and LGBTQ angry protesters showed up from all over BC and shouted her down, shamed her, etc.  Does not a modern woman have the right to say she doesn't like the curriculum?  How come only LGBTQ people are allowed any input?

IMO, everybody needs to calm down a bit.  Folks in the LGBTQ community are not doing themselves any favours with this behaviour.  

I personally have lots of friends and neighbours in that community and for the most part, they are troubled by this cancelling behaviour too.

It goes too far.  I even dread the responses I am going to get for this post.  It is getting ridiculous!   

Just.

Respect.

Everyone.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Imagine Telling your team to lose on purpose. Acting like Buffalo in the mcdavid draft only will garentee they fall back spots

Yep great culture to set for guys like Caufield, Suzuki, and Dach.

I can’t believe a Gm would actually have that conversation with his coach. As a highly competitive guy I’m sure St.Louis was disgusted by that.

• Cheers 1

We probably weren't gonna catch Columbus anyway, let alone Anaheim, but if Anaheim keeps winning at least we'll have a shot

Nice to see Chicago win again too, I'd rather see Bedard anywhere else 

Sabers win which keeps them ahead of us, Isles get a point too which is nice 

Montreal lost which sucks but it kept Florida ahead of us, we'll have to lose to maintain position 

Hopefully Detroit and Arizona can pull out points tonight 

I didn't know where to put this but Jalen Chatfield is a RHD with 5g this season. He's a RHD and that would put him first among our D for goals while being defensively sound. 

These are things that management are supposed to be ahead of us on... And they're not. 

Very concerning 

Will be interesting to see what a shutout loss for the Devils would do if that score holds up. Maybe make them worry about their offense a little? 

On the other side Seattles belief that they’re a contender continues to grow.

Both good trade partners.

• Cheers 1