The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Rutherford wants out!!!!! Close please fake news!!

aznmonk

He did give himself an "out" in a recent presser about leaving if there was a health issue.  The dude is in his 70's, he certainly has some plausible health concerns that he could use... just like anyone in that age bracket.

The interesting thing would be what happens if he leaves?  Does the organization not have a President?  Does he stay on as a senior advisor?  Do they hire a new guy that wants to bring in his own GM and coaching staff again?  Is he happy that he got all his buddies jobs where he knows Aquilini isn't going to let someone fire them and pay even more salary?  

I always got the sense this would be a transitional regime, but that it would be a few years when the team starting turning around and they wanted to take the next steps.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Is there any reason he can't just, you know? Step down. Lol. We can't exactly trade the guy. So if he wants out, just like. Leave. I am sorry if Toronto news stories about our team don't exactly strike me as super accurate. Canucks are a tire fire, and everyone wants in on the action.

If Rutherford doesn't like to situation we're in, he can leave. And he should likely accept some responsibility for signing forwards and not defense. But again, who knows how legit this story is given it's origin is out of Toronto.

• Cheers 1

• aznmonk changed the title to Jim Rutherford wants out!!!!! Close please fake news!!