The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Toews releases statement -- dealing with symptoms of Long COVID and Chronic Immune Response Syndrome

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, jobird said:

spelt vaccine injury wrong

Are you one of those anti-vaxxers that flock to highway overpasses in Abbotsford every weekend with flags and placards with cool slogans like "Remember Nuremberg" or the always popular "F*** Trudeau"? Because if you are, it's Saturday and there's still space on the McCallum and Clearbrook overpasses. Better hurry, democracy depends on you ranting and raving about how your freedoms are so like the treatment of the Jews in wartime Europe.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Curmudgeon said:

Are you one of those anti-vaxxers that flock to highway overpasses in Abbotsford every weekend with flags and placards with cool slogans like "Remember Nuremberg" or the always popular "F*** Trudeau"? Because if you are, it's Saturday and there's still space on the McCallum and Clearbrook overpasses. Better hurry, democracy depends on you ranting and raving about how your freedoms are so like the treatment of the Jews in wartime Europe.

If he could read, he'd be very upset with you.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 2

9 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

There are a lot of Selke winners that don't get into the HOF.  There are actually very few captains of Cup winning teams over the last 50 years that haven't or won't.

I think we might have different standards for jersey retirement.  I have Smyl above Bure and Naslund in terms of deserving that.  I have Bure and Naslund above Smyl for the HOF.

You're right about the difference between captains of cup winning teams and Selke winners.  In the last 20 years, Brown and Brind'Amour are the only cup-winning captains I can think of that aren't in or likely to be in the Hall (we'll see about Pietrangelo).  Brown clearly shouldn't be but Brind'Amour's case is a lot stronger than Toews', at least on numbers and longevity.  He also won a couple of Selkes.  Selke winners who were cup winners but not captains include Kopitar and Datsyuk, both clearly superior players to Toews imho.  It will be interesting to see which of them makes the Hall and which doesn't. 

Edited by Maniwaki Canuck

1 minute ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

You're right about the difference between captains of cup winning teams and Selke winners.  In the last 20 years, Brown and Brind'Amour are the only cup-winning captains I can think of that aren't in or likely to be in the Hall (we'll see about Pietrangelo).  Brown clearly shouldn't be but Brind'Amour's case is a lot stronger than Toews', at least on numbers and longevity.  Selke winners who were cup winners but not captains include Kopitar and Datsyuk, both clearly superior players to Toews imho.  It will be interesting to see which of them makes the Hall and which doesn't. 

Yeah Brind'Amour still has a shot to get in.  I think Brown will have to settle for his statue outside the arena.

I think Kopitar and Datsyuk are both going in.