The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Toews releases statement -- dealing with symptoms of Long COVID and Chronic Immune Response Syndrome

Rate this topic

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to Jonathan Toews releases statement -- dealing with symptoms of Long COVID and Chronic Immune Response Syndrome

Hopefully he can heal up best he can, it'd be a shame if his career was ended by long Covid the way Sutter's was. You always like to see guys go out on their own terms. And I don't even care for Toews. 

All things considered I'd be a little surprised if he wound up playing for another NHL team at this point. 

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Glad the Blackhawks aren’t going to get anything for him. Hope Kane screws them. 

How would Kane do that?  By not waiving his no movement clause?  I guess he could force Chicago to trade with only one team (and get ripped off), but this is Kane's last chance to prove his worth as a veteran.  He's pretty unhealthy now and is nowhere close to the player he once was.  If he doesn't do well on his new team and in the playoffs, he'll be earning $1 million next year on some bottom feeder.

Unforunate to hear of the illnesses. But this is the same guy throwing a fit over the Blackhawk's direction because he thinks hes still a 1st line primetime player. Hasn't been able to play 82 games a season for the last few years already, but selfishly stops the organization from rebuilding...? Okay.. 

1 hour ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

How would Kane do that?  By not waiving his no movement clause?  I guess he could force Chicago to trade with only one team (and get ripped off), but this is Kane's last chance to prove his worth as a veteran.  He's pretty unhealthy now and is nowhere close to the player he once was.  If he doesn't do well on his new team and in the playoffs, he'll be earning $1 million next year on some bottom feeder.

Ngl, my douchebag self was half expecting this to be some cap circumvention thing. But his contract expires this year anyway. So I'll just apologize for being an a-hole and wish him a speedy and full recovery. Yeah he's a jerk. But as someone that had covid and I have had trouble staying healthy ever since. I don't wish anyone ill will just for being a jerk. Covid sucks. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

It's hard to feel bad for him personally, but I do feel for athletes, or anyone, experiencing the effects of long Covid. I'm currently treating a couple athletes experiencing symptoms and it's wild to see young athletes who were at the top of their game barely being able to train at all due to a sickness they had over a year ago. Pretty rough stuff.

• Cheers 3
  • There it is 1

55 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

Another center off the market prior to TDL...

The bidding war for Larkin is gonna be huge. Bigger haul than Bo if he's willing to sign with his new team. Is what it is, i'm happy with the Bo trade, but a bit jealous of Detroit and the killing they are about to make on Larkin...if they don't resign him that is.

3 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

The bidding war for Larkin is gonna be huge. Bigger haul than Bo if he's willing to sign with his new team. Is what it is, i'm happy with the Bo trade, but a bit jealous of Detroit and the killing they are about to make on Larkin...if they don't resign him that is.

Larkin is a lot better player than Bo, so he should return more. But even so, I’d be surprised if he does. Going to be hard for Larkin, as a pure rental to a top club, to get a prospect as good as Raty, and as high a first, and a player (Beau) who is better than Larkin, like Beau is better than Bo. 

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Larkin is a lot better player than Bo, so he should return more. But even so, I’d be surprised if he does. Going to be hard for Larkin, as a pure rental to a top club, to get a prospect as good as Raty, and as high a first, and a player (Beau) who is better than Larkin, like Beau is better than Bo. 

Agree, we definitely found a good trade and fit for our club. The deal makes a lot of sense for us.

It does sound like Larkin wants to test free agency so that could diminish the return for sure.

• There it is 1