The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | March (05-11) 2023

Rate this topic

Flames got booed off the ice as they were shutout by the Wild 3-0.  They meet again on Tuesday.  Minnesota gets to fly home and wait for them while Calgary makes a stop at Dallas on Monday.  

• Haha 1
  • There it is 1

3 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Kotkaniemi with a five point game, of course he's got more to give. He's twenty two. 

Habs should have matched that offer sheet. They could have had Suzuki and JK as their top two centres for a long time. Now they have Suzuki and nothing. 

15 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Montreal has the most difficult strength of schedule left.  Vancouver has the 2nd weakest SOS.  It’ll be interesting to see what the final standings look like 

32 Chicago 

31 Columbus 

30 Anaheim 

29 San Jose 

28 Arizona 

27 Montreal 

26 Philly 

25 Vancouver 

My prediction is that we end up with the 8th overall pick. 

6 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

32 Chicago 

31 Columbus 

30 Anaheim 

29 San Jose 

28 Arizona 

27 Montreal 

26 Philly 

25 Vancouver 

That’s probably going to end up pretty accurate 

12 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

32 Chicago 

31 Columbus 

30 Anaheim 

29 San Jose 

28 Arizona 

27 Montreal 

26 Philly 

25 Vancouver 

If they keep playing Demko every game and Hughes 28 minutes a night then this is probably pretty accurate.

If management sits down with the coaching staff and tells them to manage their roster and don’t overload our stars then we may have a chance for top 5 still.

• There it is 1

16 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If they keep playing Demko every game and Hughes 28 minutes a night then this is probably pretty accurate.

If management sits down with the coaching staff and tells them to manage their roster and don’t overload our stars then we may have a chance for top 5 still.

Hoping this is the case, on hand I understand trying to instill good habits but man.. they're shooting themselves in the foot by structuring their roster to win. 

• Tanks a lot 1

42 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Habs should have matched that offer sheet. They could have had Suzuki and JK as their top two centres for a long time. Now they have Suzuki and nothing. 

We'll see, but for today he makes those who dumped on potentially acquiring him look dumb. I believe he's got upside and that he'll progress into at least a good middle six player who is worth his deal. 

• There it is 1

22 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Hoping this is the case, on hand I understand trying to instill good habits but man.. they're shooting themselves in the foot by structuring their roster to win. 

Instilling good habits to close out the season but when the new season begins we're slow out of the gate and instill good habits towards end of season again 

2 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Instilling good habits to close out the season but when the new season begins we're slow out of the gate and instill good habits towards end of season again 

I'd rather them lose most of the rest of the way instead of trying to win games in garbage time. Players are gonna play and wanna win I get that, but get the coaching staff and management on the same page regarding roster decisions. But for whatever reason this franchise seems to push to go on meaningless winning stretches towards the end of lost seasons. It's frustrating. 

Edited by Coconuts

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I'd rather them lose most of the rest of the way instead of trying to win games in garbage time. Players are gonna play and wanna win I get that, but get the coaching staff and management on the same page regarding roster decisions. But for whatever reason this franchise seems to push to go on meaningless winning stretches towards the end of lost seasons. It's frustrating. 

All they can do is shut down guys with nagging injuries and they've done that. 

I wanna see Delia get some starts too, and stop playing Quinn 30 mins/night. 

Don't even think about a bottom 5 finish, you'll be disappointed. 

3 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

All they can do is shut down guys with nagging injuries and they've done that. 

I wanna see Delia get some starts too, and stop playing Quinn 30 mins/night. 

Don't even think about a bottom 5 finish, you'll be disappointed. 

5 seems farfetched, 6 would be nice 

We need the teams around us to win though, it's doubtful we're going to lose more than anyone beneath us 

It's Montreal, Philly, and St. Louis we're jockeying with for the 6th spot 

All they had to do was keep Martin up and send Delia down 

Edited by Coconuts