The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Anaheim Ducks at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 08, 2023 | 7:00 pm PT | Sportsnet Pacific

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, Muttley said:

It's relatively civil. Tanks come and tanks go. I think it's parked. Some are looking for the keys to it.  Maybe Rick threw them in the Zamboni and ground them to a pulp.

I noticed earlier the squabble factor was getting fairly high. The tank is starting to walk the plank. ;)

I dont think we should scale the minutes down to tank but i do think we need to scale hughes minutes to more reasonable range. This team needs to learn to win without hughes playing 30 minutes. 

Just now, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

He'll land in Arizona, that team is in desperate need of a turnaround 

Arizona could have Mcdavid and they still wouldn’t fill the stupid ass mullet arena. Joke of a frachise placement in my opinion 

• There it is 1

6 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

We're 5-2-1 in our last 8, Hronek will suit up soon and Demko is playing like Bubble Demko. Our D looks a bit better but we've got to remember a lot of this is thanks to stellar goaltending, even by Silovs. 

Classic Canucks are going to ruin that top pick for pride. We may fall to 10th overall easily.

At least they're playing for pride though I suppose. If we really bomb that pick and go on a tear, I can see Allvin trade it for another top young player and watch CDC melt down.

Anyway, 5-0 Canucks

If that happens, and if a team say like at 14th or 15th spot approaches the Canucks and offers their 1st round pick and takes Miller off their hands with no retention would you do it?

16 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I appreciate the effort that Petey and Hughes puts in. But I am concerned that extra minutes can lead to injuries. Give them enough time to make a difference. But don't burn them out either.

They are 23-24 years old! I highly doubt they are in any danger of getting "Burnt Out".

Just now, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Tocchet Hockey, winning games one small bite at a time. 

specifically the hits in Toronto (Myers WTH?!) , and JTM sticking up for Kravtzov against the Preds. Also a decent pace / work rate. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

specifically the hits in Toronto (Myers WTH?!) , and JTM sticking up for Kravtzov against the Preds. Also a decent pace / work rate. 

I'm looking forward to what a full year of Tocchet hockey brings to this team., especially with the additions of Foote and Gonchar to the mix.

• Cheers 3

Canucks are 5-4-1 their last 10 games with 57 points..
Blues 2-6-2, Flyers 2-7-1 both have 59. 

So we will probably wind up 24th.  
Though the Wings have dropped 6 in a row (dare to dream) so we may even catch them the way we are playing. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Tyler Myers Live from Rogers Arena, singing his all-time greatest hits, including the 2023 smash hit, Smokin' Tavares ... only on K-Tel and at all participating Woolco stores. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Strawbone said:

Honestly I knew nothing about Tocchet as a coach other than the fact that he coached in Arizona and had a pretty poor record there, and I heard he had some kind of disagreement with OEL. Based solely on that, I had him pegged as kind of a jerk and a mediocre coach at best. 

The more I hear him talk, and the more I see the team playing harder, smarter, and better defensively, the more I like him. He's not the most eloquent guy, but I think he's got really good hockey sense - he knows what it takes to win in the NHL and it seems to be translating to his coaching. 

Yup there were a lot of dummies out there that attached a bad record in Arizona to being a bad coach. It's quite silly in retrospect as they were a pretty poor, and young, rebuilding team. That's like expecting someone to win with Chicago. It's pretty hard to correlate a coach with their record in lots of cases. It's pretty dependent on the 23 guys+ you have to work with.

• Like 1