The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Dallas Stars | Mar. 25, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, DeNiro said:

It’s gonna be more than a couple points short...

Maybe Aquaman is onto something. I don’t think this fan base can handle a rebuild.

I can handle a rebuild  never jumped off the Canuck wagon regardless of thr lean years. Management went the direction they did and running the table would be a strong indicator they made the right choice ... time will tell 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Rocket-68 said:

I can handle a rebuild  never jumped off the Canuck wagon regardless of thr lean years. Management went the direction they did and running the table would be a strong indicator they made the right choice ... time will tell 

Unfortunately they don’t get to carry points over to next season.

None of these wins have any impact on next season. They still need to prove they can start a season well right from the start. 

2 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

Joshua has been a pretty impressive pickup. A bright spot this year for me.

Fights, hustles and he has some pretty decent IQ in terms of knowing where to go. 

Nice addition for sure.

credit has to be given to whoever brought him up as a player the Canucks should sign. Was it GM Alvin...he had more free time to scout games as an AGM in Pit compared to now so wonder if he is behind it or someone else in the management or scouting department. He has been surprising good, done far more than any of us expected he would and now he is flourishing as a PKer for us too!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Only in Vancouver is a team finally playing to its potential in a season that never should have played out the way it did is it a bad thing.

Forget all the positives,we want that 94% chance of not getting Bedard.

• There it is 2

Just now, Alienhuggyflow said:

Only in Vancouver is a team finally playing to its potential in a season that never should have played out the way it did is it a bad thing.

Forget all the positives,we want that 94% chance of not getting Bedard.

Canucks might end up in a position where they are OUT of the Bedard sweepstakes all together if they finish the season on a tear like they have been on.

God I hope not, otherwise this site will implode with negativity and hate...........

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Unfortunately they don’t get to carry points over to next season.

None of these wins have any impact on next season. They still need to prove they can start a season well right from the start. 

You've been around awhile and while obviously points don't carry over, everything else does. If we continued to suck with Demko and the players still played like it was shinny, chances are the team gets blown up. So ya it's important to win and win properly, especially important to see Demko has found his form. 

I mean the alternative goes like this, we lose the draft, Demko isn't a #1 anymore and our team assembled clearly sucks. Sorry but that's not the type of offseason I want. I want to see a few contracts moved and a few new faces brought in and see how they do hopefully playing a full year of hockey with a system.

If we still struggle next season than fundamental changes might be needed.  

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Neutral said:

Canucks might end up in a position where they are OUT of the Bedard sweepstakes all together if they finish the season on a tear like they have been on.

God I hope not, otherwise this site will implode with negativity and hate...........

Team Tank can go cheer for whomever ends up with Bedard, or take up Canasta, or pound sand :bigblush: anything but cheer for the Canucks for all I personally care ... not speaking for 84% of the Canucks fans of course.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 3

7 minutes ago, Sepultura said:

Way to waste another year of our lives Canucks.  No playoffs. No good player in the draft. Yay!! We’ll be stuck in no man’s land forever!! Big win eh guys?!?!

Way to waste another 2 minutes of your life.

Tell us something we haven't heard before, or just accept this team as is and learn to enjoy wins as they come... No matter how inopportune it is.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Neutral said:

Thing is the best odds we realistically would get is 6%. The teams below us are bad hockey teams planning on tanking. We just got 50 games of bad goaltending and coaching.

While Bedard would be awesome it's always been a long-shot. Imagine losing with Demko and still not getting Bedard? I was much more invested in seeing positive changes and the return of the Demko we know and love. I just don't believe losing is ever good and I especially don't think one player is worth blowing up your team for cuz that would have been the only way to auck enough to get past the 4 or 5 truly terrible teams.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, BertaNuck said:

What would need to happen to make the play offs 

Canucks run the table and Winnipeg, Calgary and Preds fall of a cliff. ... unlikely but not impossible ... what I am cheering for of course.

Edited by Rocket-68