The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Dallas Stars | Mar. 25, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

11 minutes ago, 1-d said:

If that happens, the Flames will get into the 2nd WC. Their remaining games are pretty much all against the bottom feeders (including us).

Calgary will shart bed, it is the Preds I am concerned about.

Good result tonight - a tighter checking game - something the Canucks will have to get use to in the playoffs - likely next year though not over till its over this year.  Looking at the Jets schedule - there are 3 games they should win - rest are pick-em against good teams like NJ Predators Calgary so Canucks probably have 1 game cushion coupled with 2 games in hand.  Would anyone be surprise it takes the final week of the season to determine the wild card teams in the West and the Canucks were still in it mathematically.

Been kind of a strange year - the team trimmed many established players in January  for prospects, AHL D and we thought this would be suitable for the tank - actually the opposite effect has occured as the new players have become hungry for positions.  Along with good coaching systems - the team is headed in the right direction and I would say is about at the level of Nashville right now.

Dallas did not impress me tonight though - great Canuck defensive structure - and Dallas also stopped working.after the 3rd goal. 

I think it will be Colorado and Wild top 2  and won't be surprised if the Stars finish third in the division.  Roberston was hardly noticeable.

Onto Chicago tomorrow - still in it so must continue to press and not underestimate the Hawks.  Good on Rathbone with the first one..

2 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Calgary will shart bed, it is the Preds I am concerned about.

Preds have a much tougher schedule ahead. They're playing against playoff or near-playoff teams 9 out of 10 times including TOR, BOS, VGK and CAR.

good game, Boeser super noticeable! Boner got a nice goal, under 10 min of ice time but hopefully he gain get closer to 15 min a night before seasons over or he is sent back down.

My hope is they rest all the injured guys and say no chances, give these other guys the  rest of the year but come training camp its an open battle for many of the players...hence the key off season ahead the coach keeps referring to!!

23 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

If only Myers could play this way consistently. 

Maybe Hughes is his kryptonite to sucking?

It’s new Coaching styles that are playing Myers to his strengths .

They are giving him “assignments “  players he and his partner will go out and defend against, as opposed to just throwing him over the boards as a pairing.

Defending is the priority for him ,  not so much emphasis on D fence.

Edited by SilentSam

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Are some people still actually talking about playoffs?? :lol:

Hope springs eternal, unlikely as it may be. I will cheer for my team to run the table even if we come up a couple of points short.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Are some people still actually talking about playoffs?? :lol:

Yeah right?? Like seriously…anyone who is thinking playoffs I have 10K to bet they won’t make it and you can have 10 to 1 one odds. I am so serious. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rocket-68 said:

Hope springs eternal, unlikely as it may be. I will cheer for my team to run the table even if we come up a couple of points short.

It’s gonna be more than a couple points short...

Maybe Aquaman is onto something. I don’t think this fan base can handle a rebuild.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1