The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023-2024 Season Ticket Thread

Rate this topic

WalkWithElias

22 hours ago, Rypper_37 said:

Absolutely! It may also say on the back of the card. (This gift card can be used at the team store, concessions, etc). I'm excited to get mine! Probably closer to October, though, for renewals. 

Closer to home opener you will get it

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rypper_37 said:

If we make the playoffs next season, does anyone know if we do road games at the arena? Like maybe tickets are $15 with all proceeds going to CFKF and we can sit there to watch the boys! 

Probably,  But all proceeds will go to the Canucks.  Oilers only charge $5

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rypper_37 said:

Only the SCF? Too bad 

Its a much more common thing now for teams to have all their away game at the arena.  It makes them money.

One of the things the Oilers tried..  The first year they got their new arena, they made the playoffs.  Not only did they have watch parties for all away games.

They invented a new type of ticket for home games.  I think they called them concourse tickets or something.  So for $99 you could come to the game, but just walk around the arena.  You wouldn't be able to see the actual ice, but you would be part of the action and excitement.   People did not like that.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

Its a much more common thing now for teams to have all their away game at the arena.  It makes them money.

One of the things the Oilers tried..  The first year they got their new arena, they made the playoffs.  Not only did they have watch parties for all away games.

They invented a new type of ticket for home games.  I think they called them concourse tickets or something.  So for $99 you could come to the game, but just walk around the arena.  You wouldn't be able to see the actual ice, but you would be part of the action and excitement.   People did not like that.  

I remember that. That's not fair or really fun to be standing in the concourse the whole game and watching the game on TV. I can do that at home without having people push past me all night hahaha. 

4 hours ago, Rypper_37 said:

If we make the playoffs next season, does anyone know if we do road games at the arena? Like maybe tickets are $15 with all proceeds going to CFKF and we can sit there to watch the boys! 

Don't worry the Canucks aren't making the playoffs next year. Meaningful games in March is still up in the air.

The team is actually going to be worse. They are down Horvat. At least one more player has to drop to be cap compliant. The replacement will not be an upgrade.

14 minutes ago, ronthecivil said:

Don't worry the Canucks aren't making the playoffs next year. Meaningful games in March is still up in the air.

The team is actually going to be worse. They are down Horvat. At least one more player has to drop to be cap compliant. The replacement will not be an upgrade.

Horvat is a Medicore player …. 

5 hours ago, Rypper_37 said:

Sounds good to me! Would be nice to watch the game at the arena. Proceeds could also go to CAN. We never know! The Canucks would still make a profit from all the food/drinks sold. 

Would be nice to watch a Canucks playoff game, period.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, WalkWithElias said:

Horvat is a Medicore player …. 

38 goals and 32 assists is not mediocre lol.

It's not worth 8.5M a season either, so the trade was good.

We got assets and cap space, but not the kind that are going to chip in 70 points!

6 minutes ago, ronthecivil said:

38 goals and 32 assists is not mediocre lol.

It's not worth 8.5M a season either, so the trade was good.

We got assets and cap space, but not the kind that are going to chip in 70 points!

How many points did Bo get with the Islanders after he had to stop cheating for offence and commit to defending the right way? He scored less than new Beau did for us. 
It’s a non arguable fact that Bo is a 50-60 point centre who is not a play driver. 
He’s a character guy who thought and can do some little things well. 6-7 mil x 8 would be fair for Bo. 

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

How many points did Bo get with the Islanders after he had to stop cheating for offence and commit to defending the right way? He scored less than new Beau did for us. 
It’s a non arguable fact that Bo is a 50-60 point centre who is not a play driver. 
He’s a character guy who thought and can do some little things well. 6-7 mil x 8 would be fair for Bo. 

I honestly don't care what he does now, I just lol a bit at the Islanders for the trade and then the sign. 

There IS an argument, that trading away core players that might put up points, but have been stagnating on the team, for assets and cap space, only to be replaced with players that are more hungry and have something to prove, will in fact make the team better RIGHT AWAY, the whole addition by subtraction thing.

You know, like how the defense, even with 50% AHLers within, actually got better once OEL went on injured reserved?

And marinating players in the AHL, to the point where the team is still in the playoffs, and getting very valuable XP, does in fact increase the depth on the team? Yes, that is a plus too.

But it's not going to be enough to make the playoffs next year. And they still have major work to do, and they still might get worse before they get better. The more that they idea that you might get worse before you get better is embraced, the better long term it will be. The Canucks can get better and still be sellers at next years trade deadline.

You know, like how Stevie Y just did in Detroit this year? (People that ask "what has he done lately" clearly forgot the "won stanley cups in Tampa" argument, or "HOF legendary player").