The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PDF] Vegas Golden Knights (P1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2) | Golden Knights win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 2  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/2023 at 11:00 PM

2 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

Yeah, the weather isn't the nicest in the winter in Edmonton due to the cold, but I'd choose that over the rain. But I would definitely choose living in Calgary over Vancouver, and Edmonton would be close. My main reason I'd have a hard time living in Edmonton is being so far from the mountains.

Lack of mountain view was really weird for me in my 4 day stay this winter, was a nicer place and people than I expected, would go back for sure. 

1 minute ago, JoshuaGuy said:

Fair enough. If your hobby is traveling it doesn't really matter but you're not selling anyone on edmonton by saying it's cheaper than Vancouver. Lol. It's still 7 months of winter and a mall.

Thee are things I miss and things I don’t like rain and traffic. My kids and parents are still in Vancouver and we’ve been going back every 3 months or so. I’ve seen more of Vancouver in the last year than most people do in a decade. First freezing day was November 1st and last was about 2 weeks ago so 5 1/2 months, since then we’ve actually been warmer than Vancouver most days which I find weird. It’s not for everyone but it works for us.

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Lack of mountain view was really weird for me in my 4 day stay this winter, was a nicer place and people than I expected, would go back for sure. 

That is what I do miss the most but the sunsets we get every night almost make up for that.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Wise Guy said:

Thee are things I miss and things I don’t like rain and traffic. My kids and parents are still in Vancouver and we’ve been going back every 3 months or so. I’ve seen more of Vancouver in the last year than most people do in a decade. First freezing day was November 1st and last was about 2 weeks ago so 5 1/2 months, since then we’ve actually been warmer than Vancouver most days which I find weird. It’s not for everyone but it works for us.

For me it's the wind of Alberta. I can't f**king stand it. Vancouver is pretty but I'd never live there either. Just not a fan of big cities. At least Edmonton has that weird circular freeway, Anthony Henday or something, to get around to the... malls.

1 minute ago, Wise Guy said:

That is what I do miss the most but the sunsets we get every night almost make up for that.

I'm a long time Kelowna guy. The prairies are beautiful in a lot of ways. I actually get out there a lot and I love the prairies.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Wise Guy said:

I sure don’t miss the rain, I hate rain and I really don’t miss traffic either. I don’t mind cold and this winter was actually nice, probably 90% sunny and not too cold. There were maybe 6 or 7 super cold days and even then life went on and it was kinda interesting.

I definitely couldn't handle the rain Vancouver gets. I live in Kamloops, we get chilly for about 2 weeks a year, but we get so much sun and the summers are amazing.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, JoshuaGuy said:

For me it's the wind of Alberta. I can't f**king stand it. Vancouver is pretty but I'd never live there either. Just not a fan of big cities. At least Edmonton has that weird circular freeway, Anthony Henday or something, to get around to the... malls.

It really hasn’t been that windy since we’ve been here, maybe 5 really windy days and another dozen mildly windy. 

I love the roads here, easy to get anywhere, I have never yet been stuck in traffic.

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Nah Edmonton wont beat Seattle or Dallas get VGK tf out asap. 

Of course not, but the sooner the Oilers are on the golf course instead of disgracing the sport, the better.

Edited by King Heffy