The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposals] Next season roster

A couple of trade ideas that I saw on Capfriendly ACGM from other teams' fans that would be interested in adding Garland and Boeser.

Suggests that these guys are tradeable, but we're not going to get much in return.

Trade 1

To BUF: Boeser

To VAN: Jokiharju

Trade 2 

To CAR: Garland

To VAN: Joey Keane (rfa rights, RD, 23 year old, 3rd round pick from 2018, played 2 NHL games)

Off season signings:

Graves $5m x 6

Compher $4.75m x 6

Bjugstad $1.75m x 3

Tryamkin $1.25m x 1

Rittich $1m x 1

Hoglander $950k x 2

Burroughs $775k x 2

Tierney $775k x 2

Opening night roster $83.3m cap hit with Pearson & Poolman on LTIR:

Kuzmenko Pettersson Beauviller

Mikheyev Miller Hogander

Podkolzin Compher Bjugstad

Joshua Aman DiGiuseppe

(Tierney)

Hughes Graves

OEL Hronek

Tryamkin Myers

Burroughs Jokiharju

Demko (Rittich)

Early on into next season place Myers on waivers:

Expectation is that someone claims him, opening up cap space to bring Pearson and Poolman off LTIR if they get healthy. Jokiharju slides into 3RD and bring Wolanin up as 8th D.

Edited by BigTramFan
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

i like 2/3rds of your top 2 lines. 1/3 rd of them are the wrong mix. i see you have us winning each trade.

4th line is all right.  can't comment on 3rd line's mix yet until they play together.

no to tryamkin, OEL AND MYERSd

do you have the cap hits worked out?

40 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

i like 2/3rds of your top 2 lines. 1/3 rd of them are the wrong mix. i see you have us winning each trade.

4th line is all right.  can't comment on 3rd line's mix yet until they play together.

no to tryamkin, OEL AND MYERSd

do you have the cap hits worked out?

I'm not sure which 2/3 of the top 2 lines you like/don't like. The Kuz-EP-Beau line generated 108 shots for vs 86 shots against in 224 mins together, so not sure what the problem is there? I note that Miller and Mik have not played together much, but I think Mik's speed and forecheck will be a very good foil for Miller, kinda like Di Giuseppe was last season, but with more speed and better finishing capability. Hoglander's play has improved significantly with his season in the AHL and his scoring touch has really come on. He scored 32 pts in 45 games, and then 6 pts in 6 playoff games. I think he is ready for the top 6.

The trades were proposed by fans of the other teams. They weren't my trade ideas and they weren't made by a Canuck's fan. So not homerisms.

Cap hit for the roster comes to $83.3m as stated in the original proposal.

The 3LD could be any decent bottom pairing guy instead of Tryamkin. I believe it is worth giving him a shot, as his size would be great for playoff hockey. We have other depth LD options if he doesn't work out.

You don't want OEL and Myers? Hmm, you're not alone. It would cost too much to trade OEL right now. He may improve once fully healed from his broken foot and having a full off season to train. We still have the option of buy out after next season if he doesn't improve. As mentioned in the original proposal, I would waive Myers once the season starts and he would likely get picked up on waivers.

Cheers

4 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

Buffalo doesn't need Boeser, they've already got lots of wing talent; they need a top-4 RD.

They would have plenty of cap space to sign 1 or 2 out of Dumba, Severson, Mayfield or Clifton.

9 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

They would have plenty of cap space to sign 1 or 2 out of Dumba, Severson, Mayfield or Clifton.

That's still adding a winger they don't really need - it's not like Boeser could help elsewhere either.  Buffalo has quite a few players up in a year and have to plan for that too before using up all their cap space this summer.  

Boeser's agent has been granted permission to seek out a new team already back in December.  Buffalo had more than ample cap space to add Boeser in season if they wanted to.

• There it is 1