The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 Canucks Development Camp

Bret Hedican was another who was a forward until late teens when he switched to defense ...

When speaking of the decision, Hedican said: "I like to skate it up and see the play in front of me. That's what I liked to do

Hedican was drafted 198th overall by the St. Louis Blues in the 1988 NHL Entry Draft. At the time of his selection, chief scout Ted Hampson compared his speed to that of a "young Paul Coffey."[9]

• Vintage 1

19 hours ago, spook007 said:

Spot on Sid.

Ignorant is the key word here... 

The Canucks deserve a lot of credit, for being innovative and getting a skating coach in to help their prospects become even better skaters if possible...

Whether its a male, female or big foot Henderson is totally irrelevant.

Bo Horvat improved his skating massively after getting help from a coach. If the prospects can improve even just slightly, its a massive win for them and the organisation.

Yeah most of the power skaters are female too. 

Greatest men's tennis player of all time was trained by a female. 

Anyways this should not be given more time or attention. Better to ignore the trolls instead of making it a bigger deal then it should be. 

12 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Are you subscribed to Twitter?

I suspect it is either having to be subscribed or perhaps blocked by the ad blocker installed on my computer.

I'm not subscribed and I'm on my phone, which doesn't have any adblockers... Maybe that's the difference? 

10 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Anyways this should not be given more time or attention. Better to ignore the trolls instead of making it a bigger deal then it should be. 

Cheers amigo. 

Our defensive depth is more deeper now than at anytime during Benning's 8 years of turmoil.  We had a handful of prospects withering on the vine.  Now we're committed to putting time and development into our picks.  What a novel idea here in Canucksville. 

Could contain: Text, Menu, Person, Page

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

All the Hughes kids were taught to skate by their mom.  And they're all phenomenal skaters.  

• Vintage 1