The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Buyout] Tony DeAngelo

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Yup. It’s those darned conservative folk causing all the problems. I wonder why it is people tend to have more conservative views as they get older and wiser? 

I wondered if that was still the case.

Apparently not. There is not a ton of data but these days people are apparently staying stable with their political sides, according to studies. 

Maybe it's because what it means to be conservative these days is ...well, different than the past?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I wondered if that was still the case.

Apparently not. There is not a ton of data but these days people are apparently staying stable with their political sides, according to studies. 

Maybe it's because what it means to be conservative these days is ...well, different than the past?

Alf isn’t referring to politics. Conservative values, like not spending more than one earns isn’t political. It’s what people learn as they grow up - how to budget properly. Not going out for meals and looking for entertainment outside of the home is a conservative value. We tend to move towards these kinds of life choices as we get older and wiser. We learn what’s truly important (health of our loved ones, safety in our communities, etc) and we value those more than we did when younger. This isn’t about a political leaning. Many people who might vote liberal politically have conservative values. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Alf isn’t referring to politics. Conservative values, like not spending more than one earns isn’t political. It’s what people learn as they grow up - how to budget properly. Not going out for meals and looking for entertainment outside of the home is a conservative value. We tend to move towards these kinds of life choices as we get older and wiser. We learn what’s truly important (health of our loved ones, safety in our communities, etc) and we value those more than we did when younger. This isn’t about a political leaning. Many people who might vote liberal politically have conservative values. 

ah, gotcha.

I can agree on your view there

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Yup. It’s those darned conservative folk causing all the problems. I wonder why it is people tend to have more conservative views as they get older and wiser? 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

image.gif.6f1abc712598eb9d7dcde435a15ad551.gif

Edited by Playoff Beered