The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Buyout] Tony DeAngelo

I would take a flier on this guy. He is a good defenceman and we could use more. A good Myers replacement.

If he nobs out then RT or JT will knock him out.

Could contain: Text, Adult, Male, Man, Person, Face, Head

As pointed out by @Bob.Loblaw, his defensive numbers look like garbage so not so keen on him anymore.

Edited by grandmaster
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 6

Just now, Fanuck said:

5 different organizations in 7 years tells you this individual is 'tainted' , and not in a positive way.

Zero interest even if a club paid us to take him.  This isn’t your typical risk/reward situation,  he's simply a poor quality person - his history bares this out sadly.   

Agreed. 

The risk reward is not there. 

He could do more damage to this club than help it. Not worth the risk

• Cheers 2

Man, we love picking up trash here.

DeAngelo is a good hockey player, but not a very good person. He obviously hasn't learned anything from his time in the league. He's going to get blackballed soon.

I'm pretty sure he still thinks COVID is a conspiracy. That doesn't speak very well about someone's intelligence, regardless of how you perceive the dangers of COVID to be.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

The guy is an ignorant, self interested douche that goes through teams like I change underwear. Stay FAR away.

I won’t disagree with you on his character but he is productive on the ice and he is a defenceman. 

I would ask the coach and team first to see if they are ok with it. If they say yes, then assign a guy to keep him in check.

5 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Someone will take a flyer on him for league min, Carolina probably. 

Carolina is in a good spot. They had DeAngelo already. I think they wanted to get rid of him to begin with.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I won’t disagree with you on his character but he is productive on the ice and he is a defenceman. 

I would ask the coach and team first to see if they are ok with it. If they say yes, then assign a guy to keep him in check.

He's a defenceman who can't play any defence whatsoever.  You don't want this pylon on the ice or in the dressing room.  Anyone who brings him in is a complete idiot.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2