The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] CDCGFL 2023-24

Gator

2 hours ago, Relyt Krets said:

Gator and I split pretty evenly 

1 hour ago, Caboose said:

I am getting absolutely shafted for recognition here

Don't take it personal. He's shifting himself too. He's literally done like 90% of the sheet work to our 5% each :lol:

Edited by Gator

3 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

Are you doing the league sheets updates? We owe a small number of people a huge thank you !

I just dont know who all is doing the work, but it is greatly appreciated!

At the end of the day, it takes 32 different individuals to try and not rip each other heads off. We all deserve free 2nds!

• Like 1

So with the new Twitter system in place we figured we would spice up the draft a bit by allowing name drops of players still available. To do just send @Relyt Krets a message letting him know the names of players you'd like floated on the Twitter account. Also if you have any "rumor" such as trade talks you want released to the public feel free to reach out about that as well and it will be posted to our Twitter page from an "anonymous source".

The purpose for it will be for rumours, trade posts, free agent rumours and info tidbits. Not for attacking or chirping others, not for silly Shenanigans.

19 hours ago, Relyt Krets said:

Yeah budgets are important. It really sets the tone for what you are going to do with your team. I suggest anyone new to it really take the time to review what the perks and downfalls of setting them can be. It will also help with the directions you may be shaping our team as well

The Calgary Flames, on behalf of our owner, Mr. Chester Cheapsoutalot, has forwarded the CBA to our legal representatives, Shyster, Shaman and Shyster for their review and comment.

They have pointed out that under section 6.1 the CBA states:

6.1 Front Office Budgets

Every team has a total budget of $80M to spend across 5 different departments. Each department playing a pivotal role in your teams success. Spend your money wisely, as you can only set these once a year between September 1st & October 1st.

Mr. Shyster has noted that the rookie Flames management team has already submitted their budget for the 23/24 season and is now questioning if that submission can be withdrawn or considered non-valid since it was not submitted during the prescribed period of September 1st to October 1st.

Your usual early response to Mr. Shyster's query would be most appreciated so that I may remain gainfully employed.

• Haha 1

3 more votes needed for "4 hour breaks" to pass and move onto phase 2 of the voting (time frame)

Screenshot_20230814_155848_Discord.thumb.jpg.b0e610fb6ee83a07f7af119f942b7f56.jpg

Go to the discord channel to place your vote, or react to this post to submit vote on CDC. 1 vote per team (GM vote overrides AGM vote)

*Cheers - thumbs up

* alien - thumbs down

Edited by Gator

IMPORTANT NOTICE

You can set/change your budgets as you please up until October 1st. This will be for this year only. In future you can only set your budgets 1 time between the dates specified in the CBA

Edited by Gator
  • Thanks 1

VANCOUVER CANUCKS BUDGET

The Vancouver Canucks would like to set their monthly budgets for the upcoming season like so...

Player Relations: $40m

Player Development: $0

Medical/Training: $20m

Minors Budget: $20m

Scouting Department: $0

*subject to change before Oct 1st

Edited by Gator

Your Dallas Stars Front Office BUDGET 2023-24 Edition

The Dallas Stars provisional 'summer version' of our budgets for the following year are:

Player Relations: $10m

Player Development: $0

Medical/Training: $10m

Minors Budget: $20m

Scouting Department: $40

*highly subject to change before Oct 1st

IMPORTANT NOTICE

1 thing to keep in mind is even though the "team morale" system will likely not be used year 1, things like PR budget and seeding will come into affect when a free agents are deciding their preferred destinations.

Scream Shouting GIF by Sendcloud

Edited by Gator
  • Wat 1

@Gator I have one question that came to mind the other day we have 32 teams picking full NHL rosters, So for example if I end up picking 25 players that have fulltime NHL jobs that means that in the end there will be 1-2 teams that are short a full NHL roster, how is that going to be handled? Or lets say I have a full 23 team roster but 5 of my guys get injured and none of my spare players get called up to there teams cause they have healthy rosters? Just wondering cause it seems to me entirely possible that someone will end up not icing a full team because of this.

I find myself already picking people who I'm uncertain will play fulltime in the NHL, so I'm going to have to  pick backups incase those guys don't play, there is only 723 NHL jobs and we are making 920 picks so there is potential for someone falling way short of an NHL roster at some point. Sorry I've never beenin one of these types of pools before so I'm just curious.

Edited by thrago

29 minutes ago, thrago said:

@Gator I have one question that came to mind the other day we have 32 teams picking full NHL rosters, So for example if I end up picking 25 players that have fulltime NHL jobs that means that in the end there will be 1-2 teams that are short a full NHL roster, how is that going to be handled? Or lets say I have a full 23 team roster but 5 of my guys get injured and none of my spare players get called up to there teams cause they have healthy rosters? Just wondering cause it seems to me entirely possible that someone will end up not icing a full team because of this.

I find myself already picking people who I'm uncertain will play fulltime in the NHL, so I'm going to have to  pick backups incase those guys don't play, there is only 723 NHL jobs and we are making 920 picks so there is potential for someone falling way short of an NHL roster at some point. Sorry I've never beenin one of these types of pools before so I'm just curious.

Its very likely that at points during the season, due to injuries, some teams will have far less than the minimum active players and some teams will have far more. This is a direct consequence of us not being able to control who is slotted into an NHL lineup. Its fairly normal. As long as you have 12 forwards, 6 defence, and 2 goalies to start it won't matter too much what happens over the course of the season.