The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] CDCGFL 2023-24

Gator

On 8/30/2023 at 3:23 PM, Primal Optimist said:

Best for Gator to give an official answer, my belief is that only 2022 guys can be left without a contract until next June 30th and 2023 draft guys have two seasons beffore their rights expire, everyone else will need a contract before Oct 1 or so. Again I may be misinterpreting things so best for G to weigh in.

Obviously Gator gets the final word but I think we are maybe confusing the two year rule between actual draft years and "our" draft years. The players on your "Unsigned Prospects" list need to be signed (in our fantasy league) in the next two years or you lose their rights. Right now you have one player on your Unsigned Prospects list (Topi Ronni) that you would retain rights on  him for two years and by then you would either need to sign him or lose his rights.

10 hours ago, Gator said:

My bad I just seen this.. Any player drafted this draft will be entered as being drafted in 2023.. Not signing them while they're playing in the league may hurt you if you plan to eventually lock them up long term. 

And so also 2022 drafted players get an extra year to sign? We'll have until 2025 to sign them instead of 2024?

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Question - The minimum allowed for Minors Budget is $10 million, and has a maximum of $30 million. Do I need to pick one or the other? Or can I choose $20 million?

Anywhere between the min and max is acceptable. 15, 18, 23 or 20. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Once this thing starts going, do we edit our lineups? If we want to sub in a 7th or 13th, do we do so on.... Fantrax? Or do you have to post here or something 

You'll post call-ups, send-downs, IR assignments and such here. Good idea to tag Gator along with it. You don't need to sub in your 7th or 13th though. Whatever is on your main roster will accumulate points on any given day. All 23 players. Also it's a good idea to apprise yourself of the various waiver rules. Players only need to pass through waivers to be sent down, can be called up without waivers. Limits on exemption/eligibility can be found in our CBA section 4.4.

6 hours ago, HighOnHockey said:

You'll post call-ups, send-downs, IR assignments and such here. Good idea to tag Gator along with it. You don't need to sub in your 7th or 13th though. Whatever is on your main roster will accumulate points on any given day. All 23 players. Also it's a good idea to apprise yourself of the various waiver rules. Players only need to pass through waivers to be sent down, can be called up without waivers. Limits on exemption/eligibility can be found in our CBA section 4.4.

Oh shoot, I didn't know that. So you actually need more NHL ready players then just an ice-able team

The Latest Depth Charting available from the Dallas War Room!

Dallas Stars Expected Line Combinations for start of camp:

Filip Forsberg (NSH), Tomas Hertl (SJS), Troy Terry C (ANA)

Jonatan Berggren (DET), Quinton Byfield A (LAK), Taylor Raddysh (CHI)

Brett Howden (VGK), Pontus Holmberg (TOR), Jakob Silfverberg (ANA)

Michael Pezzetta (MTL), Nils Aman (VAN), Walker Duehr (CGY)

Leo Carlsson (ANA),Mark Kastelic (OTT)

Luke Hughes (NJD), Seth Jones (CHI)

Darnell Nurse (EDM), Conor Timmins (TOR)

Esa Lindell (DAL), Darren Raddysh (TBL)

Robert Hagg (ANA)

Filip Gustavsson (MIN)

Kerel Vejmelka (ARI)

2nd Cadre Ice Slot:

Filip Bystedt (SJS), Owen Beck (MTL), Jani Nyman (SEA)

Roni Hirvonen (TOR), Morgan Barron (WPG), Felix Unger-Sorum (CAR)

Egor Afanasyev (NSH), Matthew Phillips (WSH), Topi Ronni (CGY)

Ethan Del Mastro (CHI), Tyson Hinds (ANA)

Jakub Dvorak (LAK), Anttoni Honka (CAR)

Arturs Silovs (VAN)

Could contain: Symbol, First Aid, Emblem, Star Symbol

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Cheers 1