The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Andrew Ladd announces retirement

Rate this topic

Meh, didn't like him much. Local boy, but ... nope.

Kes didn't think much of him either (I was at the game when they fought and Ladd got a quick shot in).

"At least he was man enough to hit me when I was looking this time. He cross-checked me in the face (in the playoffs) and broke my nose when I wasn’t looking.”

Blackhawks (which he'll always be to me) can all sail off into the sunset as far as I'm concerned.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Meh, didn't like him much. Local boy, but ... nope.

Kes didn't think much of him either (I was at the game when they fought and Ladd got a quick shot in).

"At least he was man enough to hit me when I was looking this time. He cross-checked me in the face (in the playoffs) and broke my nose when I wasn’t looking.”

Blackhawks (which he'll always be to me) can all sail off into the sunset as far as I'm concerned.

Playoff hockey, they were good battles. 

Another legend of the 2016 FA class to hang em up. Just Lucic and Okposo left of the big 5 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Playoff hockey, they were good battles. 

Another legend of the 2016 FA class to hang em up. Just Lucic and Okposo left of the big 5 

Use to bring those bums up when things got over the top critical of LE.    There were a few before and after as well.   Sure would be nice if the NHL and NHLPA, would have some protection from guys simply not earning their contracts.    As in a production clause, make it easy to match based on whom it is, reducing buyouts also reduces escrow, players hate escrow.    Maybe they also need to reduce bonus structures to include ANY UFA.   Paying them out at the start of their first couple seasons, reduces the carrot for these guys.    It's ridiculous the number of teams with players on their books from some guys, going back a decade (Rick Diepetro).     It's a trend that will continue, with RFA deals likely to also start peppering teams books at some point as well.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1