The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Yea, I'm still feeling meh about the UFC these days. Reyes won that fight but man one thing that people don't talk enough about with Jones is his ability to absorb. He can take a punch better than most on the roster. 

I think Diego is going to get murdered tonight. Pereira is going to make up for his last outing and put in on the poor old UFC spaz.

YES! YES! YES!

If Anderson wins tonight, in a big time way...have to think he calls out Jones eh!?

Reyes imo needs to fight someone else before a rematch, if Jones lost then him getting an immediate rematch makes sense, champs who have defended their belts deserve it but not someone who lost, they shouldn't get an immediate rematch. Get back out there with a chip on your shoulder win another fight against a top opponent then go all out to KO Jones in the rematch early.

3 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

If Anderson wins tonight, in a big time way...have to think he calls out Jones eh!?

Reyes imo needs to fight someone else before a rematch, if Jones lost then him getting an immediate rematch makes sense, champs who have defended their belts deserve it but not someone who lost, they shouldn't get an immediate rematch. Get back out there with a chip on your shoulder win another fight against a top opponent then go all out to KO Jones in the rematch early.

Well Jones did lose so yeah, rematch is definitely warranted. 

On 2/15/2020 at 5:01 PM, RRypien37 said:

Well Jones did lose so yeah, rematch is definitely warranted. 

Judges chose Jones as the victor, has a contender who lost a championship fight ever gotten an immediate rematch with that champ without having to fight another top contender?

I'd say Reyes vs Jan could happen then winner fights Jones, But could see Jan fighting Jones. I just don't see how the LOSER of a fight no matter how people feel about the outcome gets an automatic rematch. It is the UFC...they don't care

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

Judges chose Jones as the victor, has a contender who lost a championship fight ever gotten an immediate rematch with that champ without having to fight another top contender?

I'd say Reyes vs Jan could happen then winner fights Jones, But could see Jan fighting Jones. I just don't see how the LOSER of a fight no matter how people feel about the outcome gets an automatic rematch. It is the UFC...they don't care

After his performance Saturday, it's almost certain Jan is getting Jones next. Unfortuante for Reyes, but it is true. Immediate rematches when you "lose" to the champ are not common place. 

Stylebender is going to be a big star.

If he dusts Romero, the sky is the limit. He is playing the arrogant heel to a tee. His recent twin towers comment will fire up a bunch a folks. Anti-hero.

Gonna pick Felder for the win tonight....and there's the Wilder v Fury fight....and the Nucks play the Bruins.... good day ahead!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Stylebender is going to be a big star.

If he dusts Romero, the sky is the limit. He is playing the arrogant heel to a tee. His recent twin towers comment will fire up a bunch a folks. Anti-hero.

Gonna pick Felder for the win tonight....and there's the Wilder v Fury fight....and the Nucks play the Bruins.... good day ahead!

Kind of want Izzy to lose and get humbled. Everyone needs to get checked and humbled at some point in sport. 

7 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Sure, but not yet. I want to see him vs Jones. Build up will be huge and could be an amazing contest. 

I'd actually want him to beat JJ. I don't see him losing to anyone at MW right now. Maybe Shahbazyan if he continues his impressive climb? 

• Cheers 1

Was hoping Felder would win, but that takedown late probably sealed it for Hooker. Was a great fight tho! Hope Felder doesn't retire...

I saw a recap of the Wilder Fury fight, don't watch a ton of boxing as its too boring for me. But why did the fight end? Fury clipped Wilder but he didn't fall down and seemed good enough to continue. Was it a controversial ending??

Wilder vs Fury 3 evenutally...both won by controversy and it makes decent coin at PPV so why not?

Wish judges were better at scoring situational wrestling. Desperately shooting for a takedown because you're getting pieced apart on the feet shouldn't count as much as shooting because that's part of your game plan (e.g., GSP, Khabib). 

Felder probably should retire though. He is really good on the mic and I just don't see him being anything but a gatekeeper. If his goal is to fight because he truly loves fighting, keep at it. If his goal is to fight because he wants to become a champion, I think its time to realize that he has a solid future outside the cage and his toughness will probably only get him into trouble. 

4 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Was hoping Felder would win, but that takedown late probably sealed it for Hooker. Was a great fight tho! Hope Felder doesn't retire...

I saw a recap of the Wilder Fury fight, don't watch a ton of boxing as its too boring for me. But why did the fight end? Fury clipped Wilder but he didn't fall down and seemed good enough to continue. Was it a controversial ending??

Wilder vs Fury 3 evenutally...both won by controversy and it makes decent coin at PPV so why not?

I thought Felder had it.   I guess octagon control doesn't mean much any more.

Wilder's corner threw in the towel. 

4 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Wish judges were better at scoring situational wrestling. Desperately shooting for a takedown because you're getting pieced apart on the feet shouldn't count as much as shooting because that's part of your game plan (e.g., GSP, Khabib). 

Felder probably should retire though. He is really good on the mic and I just don't see him being anything but a gatekeeper. If his goal is to fight because he truly loves fighting, keep at it. If his goal is to fight because he wants to become a champion, I think its time to realize that he has a solid future outside the cage and his toughness will probably only get him into trouble. 

I don't think Felder is a gatekeeper. Hes a contender. If he won last night, which I think he should have, I would have expected a title crack after maybe one more w. 

He is good on the mic too though. 

• Upvote 1

Good last fight and good career for Felder. Hooker's a very good young fighter, I had him winning as well.

Felder is a drama major and is attempting to expand his acting career.  And he's a ufc analyst/announcer. He's got a lot going on other than just training and fighting. 

27 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Good last fight and good career for Felder. Hooker's a very good young fighter, I had him winning as well.

Felder is a drama major and is attempting to expand his acting career.  And he's a ufc analyst/announcer. He's got a lot going on other than just training and fighting. 

I don't think he is done. I hope not, I think he has more to accomplish in the cage. Very good fighter. 

Hooker is great, was an awesome tilt. 

Wow worst stoppage in UFC history during LHW  bout between Cutelaba and Ankalaev. 

Ref stopped fight with both fighters on their feet 38 seconds into the fight.

Really wanted to See this fight Ankalaev is a Dagestani beast. Both fighters knock out punchers. Too bad ref ruined it.

Ankalaev too win. 

Back to Canucks game. Hopefully they tie it soon here. 

Edited by WHL rocks
Typo
  • Cheers 1

20 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Wow worst stoppage in UFC history during LHW  bout between Cutelaba and Ankalaev. 

Ref stopped fight with both fighters on their feet 38 seconds into the fight.

Really wanted to See this fight Ankalaev is a Dagestani beast. Both fighters knock out punchers. Too bad ref ruined it.

Ankalaev too win. 

Back to Canucks game. Hopefully they tie it soon here. 

Didn't watch the bill last night.

Just saw the highlights of this stoppage.

Disgrace, that ref should never step foot in the cage again. Everyone on the planet knew that Cutelaba was doing the rope-a-dope head wobble. Terrible. 

• Cheers 1