The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

9 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

It was 3-1 Usman / 3-1 Colby / 2-2 draw

Makes sense .  I just saw on twitter. Guess should have looked for better source..

So the 5th would have decided it.. Colby dominated the 5th for first 2.5 mins.. watch it again. Marty barely landed any shots... lost with 50 seconds left.. if he played safe kept his distance for last minute and half belt was his..

Rematch will be huge...

Edited by WHL rocks

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

So the 5th would have decided it.. Colby dominated the 5th for first 2.5 mins.. watch it again. Marty barely landed any shots... lost with 50 seconds left.. if he played safe kept his distance for last minute and half belt was his..

Rematch will be huge...

I'll re-watch it but it's still fresh in my mind.  Like I said before, the 5th was even at best before the knockdowns.  Colby just got caught in the face and the jaw pain opened up his defense and Usman unloaded the kill shot(s).

What a great night of fights. Main event was awesome. Both guys showed great heart. 

Was nice to see Volkanovsky win. I like the guy he's really nice guy and a beast at the same time...great fighter..on to the next one..

Dec 21 Frankie Edgar vs the Korean zombie.. 2am PST but I'll be up watching it..

Edited by WHL rocks

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

What a great night of fights. Main event was awesome. Both guys showed great heart. 

Was nice to see Volkanovsky win. I like the guy he's really nice guy and a beast at 5he same time...great fighter..on to the next one..

Dec 21 Frankie 3dgsr vs the Korean zombie.. 2am PST but I'll be up watching it..

That makes one of us.  I'll be sound asleep.  Let the rest of us know how it went.  :lol:

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Makes sense .  I just saw on twitter. Guess should have looked for better source..

Rematch will be huge...

I don't see Covington getting a rematch anytime soon - makes no sense for Usman or the UFC with Jorge waiting in the wings. Pretty sure next fight will be Usman vs Mazvidal - and depending what Conor does vs Cowboy I think he factors into the welterweight division if he so chooses.

4 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Ali is trash... but other than being really boring outside the octagon, what's so bad about Usman?

Hypocrite and completely fake. Calls out Colby for being fake, but Colby became a heel to stay relevant. This guy is cringe and fake naturally. He is also know with with cheap moves (faked the nut shot with Colby) since his days on TUF where he grabbed the fence and denied it (was caught clearly on camera). 

• Cheers 2

• 4 weeks later...