The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

so khabib went to the emirates where the fight was likely to happen then went back to Dagistan after travel bans were going to be put in. So the fight is off....yet again? Will these 2 ever fight!?

Gaetje vs Tony might be decent still, but it's likely not going to be a title fight as they can't strip Khabib over this virus going on

2 hours ago, HI5 said:

Khabib won’t fight him for a while cause of Ramadan. They should just strip him of the belt. 

They should but they won't strip the guy with nearly 20 million Instagram followers type of popularity

Unless Conor is down to fight Tony....  but more then likely Tony will get shafted again and it will be Conor vs Khabib. Sigh.

4 hours ago, HI5 said:

Khabib won’t fight him for a while cause of Ramadan. They should just strip him of the belt. 

No they shouldn't. Not because of his commitment to Ramadan.

He would fight now if he could. He is undefeated and may go down as the best 155'r to ever walk into the cage. 

Any other 'champ' they anoint would not be considered the best in the div, so why do it?

On 3/30/2020 at 6:42 PM, Down by the River said:

If Khabib is in Russia, didn't they just cancel non-private flights? It is Putin FFS. He'll make exceptions to his rules for those he deems worthy. I feel like he'll let Khabib out... where the fight actually occurs is another thing. He'd have to be let out of Russia and into another country that will accept him. 

Just read that they are allowing private flights.

There is a glimmer of hope, crazy Dana might actually pull this off.

I didn't think it was a smart idea at first, actually I still don't. That said get'r dun Dana, I do want to see this. 

Starved for anything other than the 12/7 covid show.

• Vintage 1

34 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I didn't think it was a smart idea at first, actually I still don't. That said get'r dun Dana, I do want to see this. 

For MMA fans, this might be one of the biggest/most anticipated fights of all time. However, prior to COVID, I'm not sure that this was a fight that would even be in the top 5 of PPV buys.

Now that there are literally no sports to watch, I can't imagine how many people will be willing to cough up some cash for this one. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Down by the River said:

For MMA fans, this might be one of the biggest/most anticipated fights of all time. However, prior to COVID, I'm not sure that this was a fight that would even be in the top 5 of PPV buys.

Now that there are literally no sports to watch, I can't imagine how many people will be willing to cough up some cash for this one. 

Numbers are irrelevant because casuals make up the majority of high number buying PPV's. 

Easily the biggest fight in UFC history in terms of best records and best overall fighters. 

3 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Numbers are irrelevant because casuals make up the majority of high number buying PPV's. 

Easily the biggest fight in UFC history in terms of best records and best overall fighters. 

That is my point. It wasn't going to sell to casuals before (I hate that word)... but now that people have nothing to do, even the average Joe will want to watch this PPV just for the taste of something competitive. 

1 minute ago, Down by the River said:

That is my point. It wasn't going to sell to casuals before (I hate that word)... but now that people have nothing to do, even the average Joe will want to watch this PPV just for the taste of something competitive. 

Gotcha 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

All hope is lost. Khabib announced he is out on Insta. 

Ruined my day lol wtf can I look forward to now ??

Khabib Nurmagomedov confirms he's out of UFC 249: 'I can’t control it all'

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/04/khabib-nurmagomedov-out-of-ufc-249-fight-vs-tony-ferguson

12 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/04/khabib-nurmagomedov-out-of-ufc-249-fight-vs-tony-ferguson

:mellow:

:(

:angry:

On 4/1/2020 at 3:48 PM, Chicken. said:

Hang on a tick...

Khabib Nurmagomedov’s Stunning Reversal on UFC 249

https://heavy.com/sports/2020/04/mma-khabib-nurmagomedov/