The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/29341084/nsac-probe-max-rohskopf-corner-refusal-stop-fight

This is one of the dirty things about individual sports. The bad/desperate coaches will push their athlete until they make them famous or until the athlete completely breaks down, at which point the coach will just toss them in the dumpster. 

The minute a fighter asks for the fight to be stopped, the corner should be obligated to throw the towel in, regardless of whether they agree. If its a mental block thing with their fighter (and not physical), then that is something they can figure out in training, not during the time they're locked in the cage with a trained killer. 

• Vintage 1

On 6/20/2020 at 9:33 PM, Down by the River said:

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/29341084/nsac-probe-max-rohskopf-corner-refusal-stop-fight

This is one of the dirty things about individual sports. The bad/desperate coaches will push their athlete until they make them famous or until the athlete completely breaks down, at which point the coach will just toss them in the dumpster. 

The minute a fighter asks for the fight to be stopped, the corner should be obligated to throw the towel in, regardless of whether they agree. If its a mental block thing with their fighter (and not physical), then that is something they can figure out in training, not during the time they're locked in the cage with a trained killer. 

Yeah that was bad.  Robert Drysdale has no regrets about doing so either.. he claims that  "he called it off" at the last second of the 60 second round stoppage...  I would need to re-watch closely to see if he is correct but I don't really buy it when the fighter says this

'Rob, call it. I don't want to do this anymore': Max Rohskopf is forced to withdraw from his debut UFC bout after the second round.

Just now, Down by the River said:

Hahaha ahhhh man. Producers must have a coronary every time Mike Perry just starts in with his stream-of-consciousness way of speaking. Man's a wild card. 

Just awesome. I like this dude more now.....lol...."I don't wear a tie, my ties are on the beach"

7 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Coivd starting to hit the UFC more.

2 upcoming fights pulled in the last couple days

You have to be stupid to get so close to sweat, blood and other bodily fluids in time of pandemic.