The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

just had my hockey game cancelled because of the snow :(

it's crazy out there. driving is a mess. what is normally a 10 minute drive took me almost 30 mins. literally didn't exceed 35 km/h the entire way. cars skidding all over the place.

again, i know i sound incredibly lazy but an sfu snow day at any point this week would be so appreciated <_<

i haven't had this much fun driving in a while, praise be to ullr!

yes i'm the jackass that passes you because you don't trust your car or your tires

More like "I'm that idiot who drives too fast in unsafe conditions because I overestimate how well I drive and how good my car and tires are."

Was out earlier, watching morons going too fast, saw a few thud into each other, saw one do a u-turn and go into the curb... Even the best snow tires don't make the conditions optimal, but some people act like because they've got snow tires, they can actually go faster than in normal conditions. It is utterly moronic.

It would really super awesome if it didn't warm up tomorrow as expected and just kept on snowing right through to Monday instead of turning to rain.

a) Because it's pretty and I want to go play in it!

b ) I really badly need a day off work and I either have to be deathly ill or be snowed in for that to happen! (I'd much rather be snowed in than ill of course.)

So yah, basically I need it to snow enough to shut down transit in Vancouver or Burnaby (or both!) on Monday morning.

*starts praying to the snow gods.*

Edited by cj_coolcat

It would really super awesome if it didn't warm up tomorrow as expected and just kept on snowing right through to Monday instead of turning to rain.

a) Because it's pretty and I want to go play in it!

b ) I really badly need a day off work and I either have to be deathly ill or be snowed in for that to happen! (I'd much rather be snowed in than ill of course.)

So yah, basically I need it to snow enough to shut down transit in Vancouver or Burnaby (or both!) on Monday morning.

*starts praying to the snow gods.*

Some of us need to drive and aren't dependant on public transit.

Some of us need to drive and aren't dependant on public transit.

Well then you can pray to the anti-snow gods! We'll see who wins! :) (The weather network and environment Canada are on your side so far so I wouldn't worry.).

PS. I'm only "dependent" on public transit because I choose not to buy a car. Where I live, you really don't need one and transit is waaay cheaper, even with a two zone bus pass. Hooray, savings!

Edited by cj_coolcat

I still don't understand why Vancouver has half shut down just because of a half foot of snow (not the snowfall amount, just the level of snow that's on the ground). Is it because the city's infrastructure can't handle mild snowfall or is it just because the people can't handle it (as in, Vancity folk are bad winter drivers)?

When I think about what I went through ANYWHERE in Canada other than Vancouver, there was almost ALWAYS a foot of snow on the ground for at least four months. Sidewalks were nonexistent. Now, can someone explain to me why those places can still function in those conditions while Vancouver cannot? Especially when I'm pretty sure it'll all melt in under a week...

Edited by Ki Sung Yong

I still don't understand why Vancouver has half shut down just because of a half foot of snow (not the snowfall amount, just the level of snow that's on the ground). Is it because the city's infrastructure can't handle mild snowfall or is it just because the people can't handle it (as in, Vancity folk are bad winter drivers)?

When I think about what I went through ANYWHERE in Canada other than Vancouver, there was almost ALWAYS a foot of snow on the ground for at least four months. Sidewalks were nonexistent. Now, can someone explain to me why those places can still function in those conditions while Vancouver cannot? Especially when I'm pretty sure it'll all melt in under a week...

I had too many beers to drive.

To go out and drive is a sobering prospect.

Or I will blanket up inside.

Hate the snow at your peril....

It is 3:30 am in East Van and it is still snowing heavily.  I would say there is at least 4 inches on the ground now.  The weather person say there would be only 2 to 5 cms of snow.  Well, they are wrong again.

It looks like public transit for me tomorrow.

Edited by DonLever