The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

At least Genie won while the Canucks were getting shut out. Rather handily, too.

Only world #125 Casey Dellacqua stands between her and a quarterfinal date with (in all likelihood) Serena Williams.

I actually opted to watch Genie instead of the Canucks. At least with tennis you're guaranteed winning a few points. I can't watch shutout hockey for very long.

Dellacqua is enjoying some success. It'll be a good match but I hope Genie pulls through. The more she plays against Serena, the better she'll get at it.

I actually opted to watch Genie instead of the Canucks. At least with tennis you're guaranteed winning a few points. I can't watch shutout hockey for very long.

Dellacqua is enjoying some success. It'll be a good match but I hope Genie pulls through. The more she plays against Serena, the better she'll get at it.

I'm not entirely sure about these things. I think matches against great players are only meaningful if the underdog puts up a fight. I mean, if Serena bagels or breadsticks someone in 45 minutes, can the loser gain anything from that?

I'm not entirely sure about these things. I think matches against great players are only meaningful if the underdog puts up a fight. I mean, if Serena bagels or breadsticks someone in 45 minutes, can the loser gain anything from that?

It depends on what they take away from it. If I remember correctly though, Genie actually took the first set against Serena in their last meeting

Is anyone watching Raonic vs Dimitrov right now? Raonic should not be #11. If his serve is returned, he's a machine of errors. No way his game is top 20 material

Is anyone watching Raonic vs Dimitrov right now? Raonic should not be #11. If his serve is returned, he's a machine of errors. No way his game is top 20 material

I see him ranking anywhere from 10-20, but yeah I doubt he'll ever break the top 7.

Ugh. Milos loses to an opponent ranked lower than him. So many unforced errors. He hit the net more times than a hockey player :picard:

Real shame too. Bautista Agut has taken out Delpo and Paire in that section of the draw. This was Milos's chance to make the QF's

Dimitrov's #22 seed doesn't match the performance he put on today. 49 winners and only 13 unforced errors. Even you would have to admit that's tough to beat.

Milos wasn't good enough but Dimitrov played a hell of a match and deserves some credit. Made some ridiculous shots, especially with Raonic at the net.

Edited by Brad Marchand

Serena :sadno:

Apparently her back has been bothering her and she almost withdrew from this match.

Real shame though. A healthy Serena is by far the best player in the WTA. No one else deserves to win a Slam, especially if they're not having to face her in the final.

But yeah with her gone the field is wide open. A chance for Genie to make a push as well.