The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

marleau_12

Let look at these for starters....

James bond:Quantum of Solace (7.5/10) Too short, had some good moments - 4/10 Worst Bond movie in decades

How to Lose Friends & Alienate People (8.5/10) love Simon Pegg - 6/10 Some hilarious moments but doesn't work as a coherent film

Body of lies (8/10) At times hard to understand what was going on, good action and acting - 4.5/10 Almost fell asleep, plot not interesting

Grand Turino - 9.5/10. Great movie, great ending. - 8/10 Good movie that drags occasionally

Changeling: 8.5/10 (Intriguing storyline [based on true events], great acting] - 6.5/10 Strong acting, plot meanders a bit

Milk 9/10 Great movie. - 7.5/10 Very interesting story, but not accessible for everyone

Taken 9.5/10 - 6/10 generic action flick, nothing more

transporter 3, better than the first 2, but stil a 6/10 - 2/10 Absolute waste of time. Story/acting atrocious

Death Race - 9/10 - 3/10 Very convenient plot, all effects nothing else

Step Brothers-----9.5/10 - 6/10 Funny moments but utterly ridiculous

I just finished watching Made of Honor (hadn't seen it before...) I'll give it a 6.5/10. - 1/10 Panty Waste. Seen this plot 50 times before and heard the "jokes" 100 times before

Horton Hears A Who.....9/10, great kids movie - 5/10 Great voice work but a Dr. Seuss story is too short to be expanded into a full length picture. I can imagine kids falling asleep during this one. Should have been a short-film.

I wholeheatedly agree with this review - best movie of 2008.....my rating 9/10

Let The Right One In - 1700 sharp fangs/400 buckets of blood. Brilliant vampire movie that turns the entire genre on its head. Twilight can suck a lemon, there's no way it holds a candle to this Swedish horror film/love story.

dingdingding we have a winner

I saw He's Just Not That Into You with the GF.

Too much like Love Actually in my opinion.

I'd give it a 7.

Speaking of which. I was at the movie theatre and who here hates the fact that some people who actually text through a movie?

I sure as hell know A.)It's impolite B.) It's not even a crackberry get off your phone.

Getting back to my story, I ask the guy nicely, can you please stop texting it's getting irritating. The guy asked me to move if I had a problem. Naturally I was thinking if the theatre wasn't packed I wouldn't want to wear the nastiest cologne that he was wearing to begin with. I then asked him what's his problem and he responds with if you have a problem let's go outside after the movie. Keep in mind folks I'm 22 and this guy is close to his 30's maybe early 30's. So I said Okay buddy chuckled. He started getting loud in the theatre and i was like let's go let's do this and he said he started calling his buddy.

I called a few of my friends that I knwo who would drop whatever their doing if it came down to it. I was furious I asked nicely and he started a whole thing with it.

You know the best part of the story is though? He came with a girlfriend and she walked out in the middle of the movie. HAHA. Anyways just thought I'd share. It's not kids who just start crap these days.

I love you man. 7.5/10. Paul Rudd played his character well. Was funny but could of been more humorous. Some over the top comedy. Tried too hard sometimes.lol.

Watched the Watchmen the night before. 6/10. Was not as good as the hype brought it to be. Not much happen in the 1st half of the movie, making it a little boring. Don't expect it to be a superhero movie because in the end nothing is really saved.

Let look at these for starters....

James bond:Quantum of Solace (7.5/10) Too short, had some good moments - 4/10 Worst Bond movie in decades

How to Lose Friends & Alienate People (8.5/10) love Simon Pegg - 6/10 Some hilarious moments but doesn't work as a coherent film

Body of lies (8/10) At times hard to understand what was going on, good action and acting - 4.5/10 Almost fell asleep, plot not interesting

Grand Turino - 9.5/10. Great movie, great ending. - 8/10 Good movie that drags occasionally

Changeling: 8.5/10 (Intriguing storyline [based on true events], great acting] - 6.5/10 Strong acting, plot meanders a bit

Milk 9/10 Great movie. - 7.5/10 Very interesting story, but not accessible for everyone

Taken 9.5/10 - 6/10 generic action flick, nothing more

transporter 3, better than the first 2, but stil a 6/10 - 2/10 Absolute waste of time. Story/acting atrocious

Death Race - 9/10 - 3/10 Very convenient plot, all effects nothing else

Step Brothers-----9.5/10 - 6/10 Funny moments but utterly ridiculous

I just finished watching Made of Honor (hadn't seen it before...) I'll give it a 6.5/10. - 1/10 Panty Waste. Seen this plot 50 times before and heard the "jokes" 100 times before

Horton Hears A Who.....9/10, great kids movie - 5/10 Great voice work but a Dr. Seuss story is too short to be expanded into a full length picture. I can imagine kids falling asleep during this one. Should have been a short-film.

I wholeheatedly agree with this review - best movie of 2008.....my rating 9/10

Let The Right One In - 1700 sharp fangs/400 buckets of blood. Brilliant vampire movie that turns the entire genre on its head. Twilight can suck a lemon, there's no way it holds a candle to this Swedish horror film/love story.

dingdingding we have a winner

I have a challenge for CDC.

Watch "Battlefield Earth" from start to finish. I really tried to do it but I couldn't!!! It was too painful. You have to be a masochist to make it through. Battlefield Earth is the gold standard for bad movies. So horrid one has to see it to believe it. How did Forrest Whittaker revive his career after that trainwreck? Phenomenal.

0.5/10 - Complete Trash, all-time worst film ever.

Archived