The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joe Cannata | G

Diamond Smurf

In regards to the players you mention and a couple of others, Kassian is already with the club and he came from Buffalo. Ducco and Bitz were signed last off season and are marginal prospects at best. Rodin is new to North America and is not a prospect yet. Jensen and Labate are years away.

The only players from our system to stick the last couple of years were Hodgson and Grabner and they were traded for parts. Coho just did not fit the role the club needed filled and his need to be in the spotlight would not be fulfilled here. Just too slow and really a perimeter player imo. Grabner looked like a prospect, until he got hurt playing soccer and was never given another chance. After he was hurt, he became a perimeter player too.

Maybe Schroeder and Sweatt will come up and replace Coho and Mayray next year. I do not see them lighting up the scoreboards, I hope that I am wrong. Other than these two the cupboards are bare my friend.

1. I never said Bitz was a prospect.

2. Duco seems to be developing into a pretty good bottom player.

3. How is Rodin not a prospect? Only players who have played 2 years in North America are prospects?

4. Joseph Labate & Alexandre Grenier are having good years.

5. The Canucks are already stacked up front and that is a big reason nobody has really had to stick.

6. Just because they were drafted by the Canucks, doesn't mean they aren't developed by the Canucks. Burrows and Tanev would like you to know that.

7. Kassian is maybe debatable, but I'd say he's still a prospect as he's in his rookie year and hasn't played many NHL games yet.

• 3 weeks later...

I do believe they split time quite a bit last year between Lack and the other goalie on the wolves (can't remember who, Sanford?), with the Moose that is in the playoffs.

It was Tyler Weiman.

Same thing happened last year, it was 50/50 split for the first half of the season, and then Lack out played the other goalie.

IMO Lack will be the guy for the Wolves during the playoffs.

It was Tyler Weiman.

Same thing happened last year, it was 50/50 split for the first half of the season, and then Lack out played the other goalie.

IMO Lack will be the guy for the Wolves during the playoffs.

I meant in the playoffs. Pretty sure Lack split time with Weiman as the Moose did not fair well (out in 6?)

I meant in the playoffs. Pretty sure Lack split time with Weiman as the Moose did not fair well (out in 6?)

Not at all.

Lack was their MVP in the playoffs last year.

Moose made it to the 2nd round last year, and eventually lost to Hamilton in overtime.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived