The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How I Met Your Mother

Apricot

2026771_700b.jpg

The legacy carries on.

Bow down to Pamela Fryman. Bown down people! Bow down.

Her resume is indeed impressive. It includes maybe 50 Frasier episodes and hundreds of HIMYM.

Funny, she gets credit for only two Friends episodes.

Good catch! I didn't know Pam Fryman did Friends too.

I bow down to her indeed

Director and Producer are two very different things.

Pamela directed the two friends episodes, thus was only credit as such... probably because she had nothing else to do with the show. Even David Schwimmer directed a handful of episodes. ( and Zach Braff directed a handful of Scrubs episodes)

Pamela is an executive producer of HIMYM; which likely happened from her spending the previous 10 years working her way up and directing different TV shows ( such as friends)

A Director of a TV episode has no bearing on the direction of the show. They are handed the script of the episode and told to make it.

What the bloody hell

Why such a long break after we just had the holiday break :angry:

NHP is being considered as Regis's replacement on Live with Regis and Kelly but he said he would turn it down because he'd be working for a rival network and also because there's 1.5 years left on his HIMYM contract.

So I guess that means the show will be coming to an end by the end of next season

What the bloody hell

NHP is being considered as Regis's replacement on Live with Regis and Kelly but he said he would turn it down because he'd be working for a rival network and also because there's 1.5 years left on his HIMYM contract.

So I guess that means the show will be coming to an end by the end of next season

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Don't be assuming any crazy things Hockeyville. I will be super upset if next season is the last one.

ps. Yeah, what the what is up with the breaks?

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Don't be assuming any crazy things Hockeyville. I will be super upset if next season is the last one.

ps. Yeah, what the what is up with the breaks?

LOL ya that's true. I just read an article where he said he's willing to do more seasons if the producers choose to continue but the rest of the cast would need new deals as well. Hopefully they all re-up for a few more seasons. But they better as hell reveal the mother before that. I don't think any of us wants to wait much longer to find out who it is :)

What the bloody hell

Is Regis the same guy in that burger ep?

I just thought of something. Remember the episode where Robin sees her secret crush that she met years ago at the shoe sale? And then Ted pretends to propose to Robin? At the end, it says that it wasn't the end of the story between the guy and Robin. I think it's safe to say that Barney gets married at the end of this season, right? So Robin's gonna go through another relationship, so if she's marrying Barney, both relationships are gonna be pretty quick, or something else that I haven't thought of is going to happen.

When's the next ep airing?

Director and Producer are two very different things.

Pamela directed the two friends episodes, thus was only credit as such... probably because she had nothing else to do with the show. Even David Schwimmer directed a handful of episodes. ( and Zach Braff directed a handful of Scrubs episodes)

Pamela is an executive producer of HIMYM; which likely happened from her spending the previous 10 years working her way up and directing different TV shows ( such as friends)

A Director of a TV episode has no bearing on the direction of the show. They are handed the script of the episode and told to make it.

Actually, Pam Fryman directs all but a handful of the How I Met Your Mother episodes.

:)

When's the next ep airing?

Next Monday.

2026771_700b.jpg

The legacy carries on.

Bow down to Pamela Fryman. Bown down people! Bow down.

makes sense I was just talking with my wife about how How I Met Your Mother was basically the 2000's version of Friends. Both shows are set in New York, both include a womanizer (joey, Barney), both include a cute steady couple (Monica/Chandler and Marshal/Lily) and a on and off again couple (Ross/Rachel and Ted and Robin) and a total sap charector (Ross/Ted)How I Met Your Mother is just missing a girl.

HOCKEYVILLE!!!!! I think you might like this...

Spoiler for episode 7x17. Ted confesses his true feelings to Robin( Whaaaaat?!), and Barney finds something personal of Marshalls and Lily's. Airing Feb 20th. Ted confessing his true feelings to Robin? I dont quite understand what is...what? I'm excited for this episode.

HOCKEYVILLE!!!!! I think you might like this...

Spoiler for episode 7x17. Ted confesses his true feelings to Robin( Whaaaaat?!), and Barney finds something personal of Marshalls and Lily's. Airing Feb 20th. Ted confessing his true feelings to Robin? I dont quite understand what is...what? I'm excited for this episode.

ZOMG ZOMG!!! Yessssss!!!!!

Ok they have to hit this one out of the park. Either give closure to the issue or bring the two back together again. Because right now I can't be the only one who is still hung up on a Ted/Robin reunion. And so long as they don't deal with this storyline I don't think anyone will support Ted or Robin being in other relationships. Can't wait!!

ZOMG ZOMG!!! Yessssss!!!!!

Ok they have to hit this one out of the park. Either give closure to the issue or bring the two back together again. Because right now I can't be the only one who is still hung up on a Ted/Robin reunion. And so long as they don't deal with this storyline I don't think anyone will support Ted or Robin being in other relationships. Can't wait!!

I already support Ted and Robin being in other relationships. They've said enough things in this show to prove that Robin is not the mother (ie: "Aunt Robin", Rachel Bilson's roommate being the mother and Robin being infertile) . I don't see any loophole in which they can bring her back into the game. I hate to say it, but if they end up together, I will be disappointed now.

I'll see it as abandoning their original story and catering to a public outcry. To re-unite them, they will have to use a cheap gimmick that, I believe, will not make any sense and therefor undermine the credibility of the plot.

I'm afraid I do not approve.

Archived