The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

The caps played with three strikers for he first 3 games and went 1-1-1. TT switched to a two striker system, and have stubbornly not switched back while going 0-4-5. The games have been tougher to watch, as the Caps have not scored more than 1 goal a game since the switch. He also took some blame for the rescheduling of the TFC final game.

As a fan would you rather see them lose or tie 4-3 and 3-3? Or 1-1, and 1-0? His tactics would have been fine in the 'Caps would have won some games, but they did not.

Guest Voucer

Nooooooooo.

The Icelandic Tater-Loving Tactician is gone! How is this so!

Edited by Pavel Bernier

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/2011

Wow, this really came outta nowhere...

I was actually wondering at what point he was gonna canned.

The Whitecaps players seem like they should score more goals than they do and stop more goals than they do. There's been times where team fitness gave out on them. They've got two wins worth of draws, they should be able to convert more wins. If the incoming coach doesn't succeed, then I'd start looking more at the team makeup.

Oh dear I just heard about this on Twitter :blink: I know very little about soccer so I'm not sure how much of the team's record is his fault.

Well that's too bad. Good luck TT.

Edit: The Southsiders are very upset with this move... Apparently the new coach is a total loser. TT seemed like a real classy guy that probably just needed more time.

I will trust the Whitecaps owners though... :unsure:

Edited by Justin.

This is one thing soccer has wrong, you should be able to at least have a hearing or contest red cards. If league officials agree to the call, fine, but giving a ref the ability to suspend players is just stupid.

The soccer community is still stuck in the 1800's.

They wouldn't make even the most obvious practical common sense changes, since it would mess with "tradition".

We were missing Hassli and Dunfield, but as a fan I am getting sick of excuses. Demrit is a one man show on "D" anyone else want to help him?

Rochat and Leathers are pretty good. I don't know if Leathers is still injured, though.

The only MLS team they've beaten is Toronto FC.

I believe that Canuck fever has essentially wiped the Whitecaps off the Vancouver sporting radar for now.

Their attendance is fine, but yeah, all other "Vancouver" sports coverage is non existent. The Lions usually get some press by now, but have heard literally nothing about them.