The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

So i realize Hassli is a big fan favorite around this town but for a DP he is really turning out to be a bust IMO. This team is being carried offensively by Mattocks and that's about it. I think its great that's their winning but man this team is like the Devils pre-lockout.

• Upvote 1

lol were you expecting us to be as good as Spain in terms of possession and passing of the ball?

No, but I'm expecting so-called professionals to be able to pass the ball and control it for more than three touches. Wouldn't you want to expect that as well? No one is as good as Spain, are you happy? lol!

So i realize Hassli is a big fan favorite around this town but for a DP he is really turning out to be a bust IMO. This team is being carried offensively by Mattocks and that's about it. I think its great that's their winning but man this team is like the Devils pre-lockout.

One thing I don't understand is the Whitecaps **rdon for Brits and their style of play. That Country hasn't won anything since 1964, let alone be good enough to have players from their systems recruited in the MLS. Boring and calculating soccer, doesn't excite fans, like you say, the NJ Devils. If anything, they need a mid fielder, and pretty damn quick.

Can someone explain why the media is so quiet about the Whitecaps? We're tied with Seattle, in a playoff spot. The team has shown marked improvement compared to last year. Yet I hear almost NOTHING in the media. I know we're a city that's nuts about hockey, but you'd think the Cap's doing well would be a big deal?

Sad really.

Whitecaps should look to trade Hassli and open up another DP spot. Be patient with it and see how guys like Kaka, Ronaldinho, Anelka and a few others will all be looking to come over to the MLS in the near future. Those are guys you bring in as DPs.

Not a knock on Hassli but the case is, the players that were aforementioned have played top flight football and represented the countries on the national stage.

Maybe flash isn't always the best but it does bring people to the seats and that creates media buzz.

Whitecaps should look to trade Hassli and open up another DP spot. Be patient with it and see how guys like Kaka, Ronaldinho, Anelka and a few others will all be looking to come over to the MLS in the near future. Those are guys you bring in as DPs.

Not a knock on Hassli but the case is, the players that were aforementioned have played top flight football and represented the countries on the national stage.

Maybe flash isn't always the best but it does bring people to the seats and that creates media buzz.

We have a DP spot open...But yeah, I get your point. Although spending money on big name players does not always work in the MLS. New York barley made the playoffs last year, LA has spent most of the season out of the playoffs this year, and TFC(2nd highest payroll in MLS) is the worst team in the league.

can't believe Chumineto is gone ... sick playmaker wish him the best in the swiss league !!!

With an international player spot now open, and an extra DP roster spot open expect the games to do something big. They would not let Chumineto go for nothing if they had something else in the works.

Rumour has it Madrid is really gunning for Luka Modric, an attacking mid. With Khedira, Ozil, Alonso, Sahin and potentially Modric all running the midfield, I don't see where Kaka fits in.

Nothing's official but this is just some speculation on my part. Keep in mind, Modric is really keen on re-signing with the Spurs and continuing there.

We lose to TFC.. embarrassing. This team really has no offense aside from Mattocks. I hope they plan on bringing in some help cause i can't help but think this team is on the slide down out of a playoff spot.. Very, very tough schedule this last half of the year, can't be dropping points to these bottom feeders.. TFC and Chivas. We still play RSL 3 times..

Classless for TFC not to play the ball out when Lee was hurt. In the time Lee would have gotten the help he needed those two goals would have never happen. Did they break the rules? No. Does every other MLS team play that out, and not take advantage of being a man up? Yes.

Classless for TFC not to play the ball out when Lee was hurt. In the time Lee would have gotten the help he needed those two goals would have never happen. Did they break the rules? No. Does every other MLS team play that out, and not take advantage of being a man up? Yes.

Abso-freakin'-loutely, Kamero89!

My buddy and I were screaming at the TV for TFC to put the ball out. They attacked right where Y.P. would have been, too. Bastards! Totally shambolic and 3 points tossed.

Correct me if I saw wrong, 'Caps fans, but, I am pretty sure Mattocks' second went in off of his arm. That doesn't take away the fact that I witnessed a human being jump about 5 feet off the ground to attack that cross! Amazing springs!

I wish that the 'Caps would play the same way on the road as they do at home. 2 totally different squads.

:towel::canucks:

Abso-freakin'-loutely, Kamero89!

My buddy and I were screaming at the TV for TFC to put the ball out. They attacked right where Y.P. would have been, too. Bastards! Totally shambolic and 3 points tossed.

Correct me if I saw wrong, 'Caps fans, but, I am pretty sure Mattocks' second went in off of his arm. That doesn't take away the fact that I witnessed a human being jump about 5 feet off the ground to attack that cross! Amazing springs!

I wish that the 'Caps would play the same way on the road as they do at home. 2 totally different squads.

:towel::canucks:

Watch the replay again, the ball went off his forehead.