The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

Beckham has physically grab a reg by his shirt once this year, and NOTHING happened. It was not violent, but rule states it's the same as kicking the ball at a ref.

Either way 0 shots on target are awful. Kenny Miller has not been better than Hassli.

No surprise Beckham doesn't get suspended for something other that accumulating too many yellow cards. What would the MLS do without him...

:rolleyes:

Edited by Brad Marchand

I really loved Hassli. His tenacity is second to none. I'm really angered by Renneys decision. Hassli was the fan fave, no competition. Really didn't get no fair chance this year.

Big fan of Robson however. Seems like a great vocal leader. Don't understand how you can suspend a player a night before a huge match :rolleyes:

Went to the Dallas game. Was so dissapointed.

Watched the Sounders game and was dissapointed in the effort again.

I've noticed a few times where Miller is whining to the ref with his hands in the air while the play goes right past him. I hope he can stop pulling a Kesler and start actually playing the game.

Did anybody see any of the DC vs. PHI game today? The officiating was absolutely terrible. Check out the highlights if you didn't see them already. There has been a few games this season for the Caps where they have had poor officiating. The MLS has some of the worst officiating I've ever seen in any league. What do you guys think about the MLS officials?

Did anybody see any of the DC vs. PHI game today? The officiating was absolutely terrible. Check out the highlights if you didn't see them already. There has been a few games this season for the Caps where they have had poor officiating. The MLS has some of the worst officiating I've ever seen in any league. What do you guys think about the MLS officials?

Yeah there's no conspiracy against the Caps if that's what some ppl feel. MLS officiating is simply poor at the best of the times.. I think the best ref in the league is that mexican Guzman or sth? Toledo used to be widely known as the worst but i think there's a bunch of new guys whom have surpassed him by a long shot. The canadian pair of refs are at that bottom of the barrel.

Yeah there's no conspiracy against the Caps if that's what some ppl feel. MLS officiating is simply poor at the best of the times.. I think the best ref in the league is that mexican Guzman or sth? Toledo used to be widely known as the worst but i think there's a bunch of new guys whom have surpassed him by a long shot. The canadian pair of refs are at that bottom of the barrel.

Yeah, they are just poor. Two games today had MAJOR reffing issues. Watch Dc/Philly game, and Port/NY to see. This clip is a perfect microcosm of MLS refs. It's from Portland/Red Bulls game, and is the only instance I have ever seen of a goal counting after a ref has blown the play dead.

Another suspension. Koffie banned one match for "endangering his opponent." I can't recall anything that was worth a suspension, did anybody else? Maybe there's a highlight of it or something but I can't find it. Hopefully the team can pull out a much needed W without him.

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/2012/08/whitecaps-fc-midfielder-gershon-koffie-suspended-mls-disciplinary-committee

Another suspension. Koffie banned one match for "endangering his opponent." I can't recall anything that was worth a suspension, did anybody else? Maybe there's a highlight of it or something but I can't find it. Hopefully the team can pull out a much needed W without him.

http://www.whitecaps...inary-committee

<_<

Has anything happened since the RSL game that HASN'T made people want to flip over a table?

Yeah, they are just poor. Two games today had MAJOR reffing issues. Watch Dc/Philly game, and Port/NY to see. This clip is a perfect microcosm of MLS refs. It's from Portland/Red Bulls game, and is the only instance I have ever seen of a goal counting after a ref has blown the play dead.

LOL at the commentator saying he doesn't understand why the Timbers were arguing the call.

Was it just in Australia, or did Tim Cahill's signing to the Red Bulls get much attention? Personally I think he is a bit overrated (Australia's Golden Child of soccer) but it was all over the news here!

lol a bit of attention, but not exactly front page news in NY.

One of the worst performances of the year in the biggest game, so far.

It would have been nice if the team could have scored an equalizer for Cannon after his blunder. If it weren't for Joe, the 'Caps would be a long way out of a playoff spot right now.

Mattocks looked like a little baby pouting on the bench all night. Then, when he finally gets on the pitch, he sh!ts the bed again with another red card. He's more of a head case than Hasseli was! No doubt he has talent, but, it seems every time he sets foot on the pitch there is a card waving in his face.

Mattocks, Robson, Richards, Davidson, Bonjour. The 'Caps are developing a poor reputation in MLS. Mattocks and Richards have 7 cautions each! Conspiracy or dumb asses?

:towel::canucks:

As much as I love fresh, experienced faces... I think I fell in love with our early season team and I enjoyed their play better

Don't get me wrong, Miller/O'Brien/Richards are great, but Le Toux/Hassli/Bonjour/Chiumiento brought a better product.

Huge mistake letting Hassli and Le Toux go.

Wow just watched the game and where to begin... from start to finish this team, the broadcast in a whole is becoming almost unwatchable. Lets start with McEwan and Dolan.. i understand having a home side bias but its way beyond that. Dolan is okay, but man Mcewan sounds like a amateur broadcaster to me.

Whitecaps just look like they have zero chemistry out there, i certainly believe overhauling a third of your roster half way thru the season has a big part to do with that. There's no doubt the talent is better but its just not working. We are already one of the lowest scoring teams in the league and the play of late just makes things so much more unbearable to watch. Cannon i like you but that performance was uglyyyyyy. Every gk went flying out of bounds, i think we really need to look for a new keeper next season. YP Lee had a very bad game as well, i think the season is starting to wear on him. He was great in the RSL game after a long layoff but his play's starting to drop off.

I thought for sure tonight was as close as you could come to a guaranteed win.. 9 game win less Portland was the better team by miles. Not sure this team will make the playoffs.

One of the worst performances of the year in the biggest game, so far.

It would have been nice if the team could have scored an equalizer for Cannon after his blunder. If it weren't for Joe, the 'Caps would be a long way out of a playoff spot right now.

Mattocks looked like a little baby pouting on the bench all night. Then, when he finally gets on the pitch, he sh!ts the bed again with another red card. He's more of a head case than Hasseli was! No doubt he has talent, but, it seems every time he sets foot on the pitch there is a card waving in his face.

Mattocks, Robson, Richards, Davidson, Bonjour. The 'Caps are developing a poor reputation in MLS. Mattocks and Richards have 7 cautions each! Conspiracy or dumb asses?

:towel::canucks:

Mattocks is a rookie, give him time. And keep in mind he's our leading scorer. Hassli was being paid far too much to sit on the bench. Not sure how you can say he sh*t the bed, the team started attacking a lot more when he came into the game. His red card was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen, and I watch a lot of soccer. Not deserving at all. MLS really needs to look into some new officials because again, they displayed some poor quality officiating.

• Upvote 1

Wow just watched the game and where to begin... from start to finish this team, the broadcast in a whole is becoming almost unwatchable. Lets start with McEwan and Dolan.. i understand having a home side bias but its way beyond that. Dolan is okay, but man Mcewan sounds like a amateur broadcaster to me.

Whitecaps just look like they have zero chemistry out there, i certainly believe overhauling a third of your roster half way thru the season has a big part to do with that. There's no doubt the talent is better but its just not working. We are already one of the lowest scoring teams in the league and the play of late just makes things so much more unbearable to watch. Cannon i like you but that performance was uglyyyyyy. Every gk went flying out of bounds, i think we really need to look for a new keeper next season. YP Lee had a very bad game as well, i think the season is starting to wear on him. He was great in the RSL game after a long layoff but his play's starting to drop off.

I thought for sure tonight was as close as you could come to a guaranteed win.. 9 game win less Portland was the better team by miles. Not sure this team will make the playoffs.

No game is a guaranteed win in professional sports...