The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

:lol:

Your friend trolled you pretty good.

It's safe to say that anybody currently playing for Man U would be way out of MLS's league. The transfer fee would be monstrous.

If Man U manages to land van Persie, I wouldn't be surprised to see Berbatov let go on a Free. He wants to play and he won't get that opportunity if van Persie is signed. He barely played last year.

Berbatov would be perfect for MLS.

:towel::canucks:

Brutal. Miller is getting paid a lot (more than Hassli) and does not even have a shot on net yet. I know he needs an "adjustment period" but there is simply not enough time for that. 9 games till the playoffs, with next 4 games on the road.

Mattocks and Richards will be back next game, we really missed their speed tonight.

Just a heads up: Sophie Schmidt, Karina LeBlanc and Emily Zurrer will be honoured at the match tomorrow night. They and Jay DeMerit will be on hand to sign autographs, etc.

Great welcome for those 3. Wish Sincy would have been able to attend as well but I'm guessing her schedule is pretty jam packed.

Didn't enjoy Camilo's game at all today. Very poor play all around that led to him getting carded after the very immature and unnecessary foul.

Brutal. Miller is getting paid a lot (more than Hassli) and does not even have a shot on net yet. I know he needs an "adjustment period" but there is simply not enough time for that. 9 games till the playoffs, with next 4 games on the road.

Mattocks and Richards will be back next game, we really missed their speed tonight.

I thought Harris had a pretty weak game as well.

Great welcome for those 3. Wish Sincy would have been able to attend as well but I'm guessing her schedule is pretty jam packed.

What was the thing for the CanWNT ladies? TSN just showed them walking onto the pitch and then cut to commercials.

Yeah, I was a bit surprised Sinclair couldn't make it, her having had a history with the Whitecaps and all. But you're right, she's probably in super high demand right now.

Too early to tell. Kenny Miller pretty much took his spot. If Miller does not end up producing, than yes it was a mistake.

To be honest I wasn't sold on Miller from the beginning, we should have kept Hassli as he has produced a lot and he was a fan favourite. I still hope that Kenny Miller can actually do something while on this team.

SOOOO dumb that Team 1040 spent the entire day talking about swearing at 'Caps games. There is fights and streakers at EVERY Lions games, and I have never seen either of those at an MLS Caps game.

Which is really worse to expose your kids to? A word that they can hear on TV, or that their friends bring up, or violence and nudity.

I like the Lions, but on a Friday, when everyone is drinking, it is a far less hospitable place for a kid, than a Caps game.

Edited by Kamero89

SOOOO dumb that Team 1040 spent the entire day talking about swearing at 'Caps games. There is fights and streakers at EVERY Lions games, and I have never seen either of those at an MLS Caps game.

Which is really worse to expose your kids to? A word that they can hear on TV, or that their friends bring up, or violence and nudity.

I like the Lions, but on a Friday, when everyone is drinking, it is a far less hospitable place for a kid, than a Caps game.

Bang on brother! I hated how all three shows were talking about it. I heard somebody call in and ask Jeff Patterson to stop talking about it and Jeff goes all high pitch and rambles how everyone has their own opinion.... Right.

Bang on brother! I hated how all three shows were talking about it. I heard somebody call in and ask Jeff Patterson to stop talking about it and Jeff goes all high pitch and rambles how everyone has their own opinion.... Right.

I tweeted him about it, and he told me to stop because the issue was "dealt with", the only thing is he was still talking about it on his show!

I bring up actual facts, and he can't handle it. I guess sitting in the press box skews your views on the working class.

If people were actually offended by swearing, the south side would be empty every game. Instead it has been sold out every game since existence(that specific area) and the least occupied area of BC Place is the family section(north end), where you can't even hear the Southsider chants.

BS chants happen ALL the time at Canucks games, and unlike the Southsiders, you can hear that on TV.

Whitecaps are top 5 in MLS attendance, it is clearly not hurting them. I will chant "We're Blue We're White..." even louder next game, and every time I see an Team employee, since they seem to be offended by a word, not directed at anyone.

Barry Robson suspended for the game 3 HOURS before kickoff for yelling at a ref. What kind of idiot thinks it's ok to suspend someone hours before the biggest game of the leagues year??!

BTW Beckham has done far worse to a ref this year, and NOTHING has happened.

Barry Robson suspended for the game 3 HOURS before kickoff for yelling at a ref. What kind of idiot thinks it's ok to suspend someone hours before the biggest game of the leagues year??!

This is weakass! I hope the 'Caps appeal so Barry can play! Sounds like an issue that the NHL's head honchos might have.

:towel::canucks:

I think Robson got suspended for kicking the ball at the ref's assistant. I was at the game on Wednesday. It happened around the 85th minute or later.

Edited by Brad Marchand

I think Robson got suspended for kicking the ball at the ref's assistant. I was at the game on Wednesday. It happened around the 85th minute or later.

Beckham has physically grab a reg by his shirt once this year, and NOTHING happened. It was not violent, but rule states it's the same as kicking the ball at a ref.

Either way 0 shots on target are awful. Kenny Miller has not been better than Hassli.