The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

Yeah, I hate Boyd (Hun) and never thought much of Robson and his skills for SPL level and would probably do fine at MLS level. I've seen a few games with him at Boro and he seems as though he hasn't lost any of what skill set he did have.

He's not the flashiest, that's for sure, but Robson is exactly the sort of player a team needs to be successful.

It's not definite that he's going yet, after all it is a Daily Mail post.

All it says is that since Barry's out of contract this summer, he'll be off to Vancouver.

Totally agree about Kris Boyd though. I think Portland are going to be in for a shock when he DOESN'T TURN UP.

Rennie said in a Scottish newspaper that Robson will be joining the whitecaps in the summer. The whitecaps will probably announce this in the next few days. They are also interested in US international Bocanegra who currently plays for Rangers. If we manage to add Bocanegra and another midfielder I am very excited for this team. They can be a playoff contender next season if the team comes together well.

As I understand it, if Bocanegra signs back in the MLS, he goes into an allocation draft right? Which is reverse order standings, + Montreal as an expansion?

With Montreal picking 1st and Vancouver 2nd, and striker Eddie Johnson going into the allocation draft tomorrow, do you think Montreal take Johnson meaning Van pick 1st if/when Boca signs?

Heard Barry Robson is quite decent playing for middlesborough...looks like the caps finally have their midfielder.

One of our best players this year by a long shot. With Nicky Bailey adopting an anchorman DM role Barry has had the freedom to play a more attacking style and he's been absolutely superb.