The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

predator fan to the canucks

pred303guy

I guess this is as good a place as any to report a weekend Dan Hamhuis sighting:

I just returned from Telkwa after playing in the Slo-Pitch tournament that I mentioned in an earlier post.

We played against Hammer's former team, but he wasn't in the lineup this year. (Obviously due to his recovery from off-season surgery) However, the following day, there he was standing outside the fence in civvies, watching his buddies play.

I went over and wished him luck, telling him that he and the 'Nucks had the whole Province behind them. He was very nice, saying thanks and shaking my hand. He signed a few autographs for kids (and a couple of adults as well ;) ) before heading for home.

I didn't talk to him much, but I heard through the grapevine that he is "hopeful" that he'll be ready to go by training camp.

I guess this is as good a place as any to report a weekend Dan Hamhuis sighting:

I just returned from Telkwa after playing in the Slo-Pitch tournament that I mentioned in an earlier post.

We played against Hammer's former team, but he wasn't in the lineup this year. (Obviously due to his recovery from off-season surgery) However, the following day, there he was standing outside the fence in civvies, watching his buddies play.

I went over and wished him luck, telling him that he and the 'Nucks had the whole Province behind them. He was very nice, saying thanks and shaking my hand. He signed a few autographs for kids (and a couple of adults as well ;) ) before heading for home.

I didn't talk to him much, but I heard through the grapevine that he is "hopeful" that he'll be ready to go by training camp.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

wanted to stop by once again and compliment your team. always love the on ice intensity when our two teams get together. you guys are just as good as i thought you'd be again. glad to see you competing for the top spot once again.

always enjoy reading the other teams game day threads after a game to get the other sides perspective on the game. you guys certainly have probably the most 'passionate' fans in the league on the boards, makes it fun reading. hate that so many seem to really hate and belittle the preds and their fanbase, but there are lots of guys that seem to really know and appreciate good hockey, so always fun to see what they're thinking.

we're a little different team this year. more offensive balance and depth. but the youngest team in the league by average age. one gets the feel we went out to get a guy like gill specifically to better handle some of the stronger physical guys on 2nd lines of some of the better teams (like kesler for you guys and clowe for SJ, etc) and to help on our pk, where we needed another d-man with size besides just weber. maybe it'll work.

don't think you guys saw our real team for several of our games between us this year for whatever reason, but i'll take the 2-2 split from a mighty good team. see where several say we'll be toast since we'll probably lose to CHI or STL in the first round, but for what it's worth we're 4-1 against CHI and 5-0 against STL this year, so maybe we'll catch you later in the p.o. once again. hope if so it's in the finals this time.

anyway, best of luck to you guys from here on out. go get the wings for us now.

Good game last night. I am seriously liking what the preds have this year. I could definitely see them dark horsing (god forbid) in to the cup final this year. Their defensive depth is ridiculous. Match that with a solid pp and goaltending and you have yourself a contender. They match up very well with the Canucks this year imo. Looking forward to that series again this year. Not very often you find a team with nothing close to a star forward have as much success as the preds this year. Great depth.

i've been a hockey fan since my father took me to a minor league game in Nashville in 1966. have been an nhl fan since the mid 70's cemented by watching gretzky's scoring streak unfold. have owned season tickets to every predator home game ever played. part owner of the suite next to carrie underwood (lol, knew that might get some of you guys attention). in other words i'm anything but a new fan. and in all these years i never remember being for the team that just put my team out of the playoffs. too much emotion and built up hatred you know. but, wanted you guys to know that because of how classy so many of your canuck posters were on the main predator board i cann't be against you (in these playoffs, lol). and therefore for the little it's worth, will be cheering for you (and was in game 1). you guys are better than this shark team. like you, we beat them 3 of 4 this year as well. their defense will give the sedin's too much time and space. the sedins, and burrows will take advantage of that in this series. your defense is far better than theirs. your depth is better than theirs. your goaltending is better than theirs. i see no way they can hold you guys to less than 3 goals per game on average, and i'm fairly sure you can hold them below that. i also think you will benefit from having played our defensive oriented, hard working team in the previous series and that will help you against a team like the sharks that rely more on top line skill. anyway, best of luck from a former opponent.

wanted to stop by once again and compliment your team. always love the on ice intensity when our two teams get together. you guys are just as good as i thought you'd be again. glad to see you competing for the top spot once again. always enjoy reading the other teams game day threads after a game to get the other sides perspective on the game. you guys certainly have probably the most 'passionate' fans in the league on the boards, makes it fun reading. hate that so many seem to really hate and belittle the preds and their fanbase, but there are lots of guys that seem to really know and appreciate good hockey, so always fun to see what they're thinking. we're a little different team this year. more offensive balance and depth. but the youngest team in the league by average age. one gets the feel we went out to get a guy like gill specifically to better handle some of the stronger physical guys on 2nd lines of some of the better teams (like kesler for you guys and clowe for SJ, etc) and to help on our pk, where we needed another d-man with size besides just weber. maybe it'll work. don't think you guys saw our real team for several of our games between us this year for whatever reason, but i'll take the 2-2 split from a mighty good team. see where several say we'll be toast since we'll probably lose to CHI or STL in the first round, but for what it's worth we're 4-1 against CHI and 5-0 against STL this year, so maybe we'll catch you later in the p.o. once again. hope if so it's in the finals this time. anyway, best of luck to you guys from here on out. go get the wings for us now.

Nice of you to come by. I think it's safe to say the bolded section of your post is from a vocal minority on these boards.

Nashville is one of those teams tha's well managed, well coached, and was well developed talent. Those are the key parts to any team. It's nice to see that formula paying dividends in a non-traditional hockey market, and converting people like yourself into fans! Hope that keeps on going!

I also hope for your guy's sake that you manage to re-sign both Webber and Suter this offseason, but if you don't, I know we'll welcome Webber in particular with open arms here in BC!

Cheers,

Ramone

i wish we had more classy fans like you, in our fan base....i still haven't mentioned to dan that we talked....i mentioned you to his dad though....he is proud of the man has turned out to be.....

canuck players all say, the nashville series last year was their toughest......have a good run in the playoffs lad...you rock.

wanted to stop by once again and compliment your team. always love the on ice intensity when our two teams get together. you guys are just as good as i thought you'd be again. glad to see you competing for the top spot once again. always enjoy reading the other teams game day threads after a game to get the other sides perspective on the game. you guys certainly have probably the most 'passionate' fans in the league on the boards, makes it fun reading. hate that so many seem to really hate and belittle the preds and their fanbase, but there are lots of guys that seem to really know and appreciate good hockey, so always fun to see what they're thinking. we're a little different team this year. more offensive balance and depth. but the youngest team in the league by average age. one gets the feel we went out to get a guy like gill specifically to better handle some of the stronger physical guys on 2nd lines of some of the better teams (like kesler for you guys and clowe for SJ, etc) and to help on our pk, where we needed another d-man with size besides just weber. maybe it'll work. don't think you guys saw our real team for several of our games between us this year for whatever reason, but i'll take the 2-2 split from a mighty good team. see where several say we'll be toast since we'll probably lose to CHI or STL in the first round, but for what it's worth we're 4-1 against CHI and 5-0 against STL this year, so maybe we'll catch you later in the p.o. once again. hope if so it's in the finals this time. anyway, best of luck to you guys from here on out. go get the wings for us now.

Archived