The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The 2011-12 Chicago Wolves Thread

b3.

Connauton or Granani  

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes that was already established, this draft has a lot of defensemen that could go in the first round, so maybe we go that route? Although a lot of people, like myself, have suggested some big power centres as we could definitely get bigger on forward and continue that along with Jensen and Kassian.

Although it's still a looooong ways away, and trades could make these predictions or sespculations moot, I'd still like to hear some opinions.

Personally, I'd like to see Eddie Lack move up as our back-up next year. While the Roberto/Schneider combo is a fantastic duo to have, it's also clear it's pretty mentally draining on the two of them in terms of scrutiny. I think Lack shows some real poise and could get some real growth spending a year backing-up either one of those guys.

I'd also like to see Jensen in the line-up next year. The kid has great size and could add some serious grit and a little more skill to the 4th/3rd line (I'm aware that with Pahlsson's performance on the 3rd line, they probably won't move him from there). Mike Duco might also prove to be a good gritty 4th liner, as long as he can avoid dumb penalties.

Which Wolves prospects have impressed you the most?

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Schroeder-Kesler (Kesler takes faceoffs, and plays centre in the defensive zone, Schroeder plays the centre role in the offensive zone)

Higgins-Pahlsson-Hansen

Lapierre-Malhotra-Duco

Weise

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Tanev

Ballard-Salo

Gragnani, Alberts

???

Lack

Although it's still a looooong ways away, and trades could make these predictions or sespculations moot, I'd still like to hear some opinions.

Personally, I'd like to see Eddie Lack move up as our back-up next year. While the Roberto/Schneider combo is a fantastic duo to have, it's also clear it's pretty mentally draining on the two of them in terms of scrutiny. I think Lack shows some real poise and could get some real growth spending a year backing-up either one of those guys.

I'd also like to see Jensen in the line-up next year. The kid has great size and could add some serious grit and a little more skill to the 4th/3rd line (I'm aware that with Pahlsson's performance on the 3rd line, they probably won't move him from there). Mike Duco might also prove to be a good gritty 4th liner, as long as he can avoid dumb penalties.

Which Wolves prospects have impressed you the most?

Schroeder (or even Jensen) on the RW with Booth and Kesler. I am confident that they need a better natural play maker in Schroeder to make that line click. He is the exact same height and weight as Brad Marchand and will fill that "little guy with skill" role nicely. Additionally, Schroeder is American, meaning the AMEX line can still be the AMEX line.

I think Salo might retire after the season is all wrapped up, allowing room for a guy like Kevin Connauton to move in to the big club. Ryan Parent could also be that guy. Something you guys seem to be missing is that Pahlsson is a UFA this summer and with the weak centre class this year he could be in line for upwards of 3 million which I don't think we need to pay. Manny can play the third line role just fine. It would be nice to grab a free agent top 9 guy, more preferably a top 6 guy.

AV stays and so does Schneider.

Luongo and his big contract go to Florida or TB (where his family still lives) giving us cap space to sign BC boy Weber to a big inflated contract for 5 years.

Eddie Lack becomes our back up and makes league minimum for two years.

Huge Luongo supporter, always have been. Very sad at the prospect of him leaving but with Schneider and Lack the goalie tandem gets younger and way less expensive.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Schroeder-Kesler (Kesler takes faceoffs, and plays centre in the defensive zone, Schroeder plays the centre role in the offensive zone)

Higgins-Pahlsson-Hansen

Weise-Malhotra-Duco

Pinizotto

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Tanev

Ballard-Salo

Gragnani, Alberts

???

Lack

Archived