Sign in to follow this  
b3.

Frank Corrado Talk

8476302.jpg Wyatt Arndt had a point when he said Corrado has some manga hair. Work some gel and styling in there and you have a Cowboy Bebop sorta mop. Couldn't find a bigger picture of his picture from camp this year.

8476302.jpg Wyatt Arndt had a point when he said Corrado has some manga hair. Work some gel and styling in there and you have a Cowboy Bebop sorta mop. Couldn't find a bigger picture of his picture from camp this year.

20$ bet if anyone wants to take it. Corrado has a shaved head before he gains UFA status,

Here's an interesting development:

‘Canes recall ’11 first-rounder Murphy from OHL Kitchener

With a rash of injuries on defense, the Carolina Hurricanes have reportedly recalled the 12th overall pick from 2011, Ryan Murphy, from his junior team in Ontario.

Kitchener Rangers head coach/GM Steve Spottconfirmed the move.

Carolina recently placed defensemen Tim Gleasonand Joni Pitkanen on injured reserve and are currently rolling with a blueline comprised of Jay Harrison, Justin Faulk, Jamie McBain, Joe Corvo, Michal Jordan and Bobby Sanguinetti.

So, no better time than to give Murphy a ring.

This is interesting because it'll obviously affect the Kitchener roster. With Corrado being another RH D for them, he'll likely move up the depth chart and possibly get more PP time. We'll have to see how long Murphy sticks (longer than 5 games if the injuries are still an issue?) and what Kitchener decides to do in his absence, but it could be a further opportunity for Corrado to shine through.

This is interesting because it'll obviously affect the Kitchener roster. With Corrado being another RH D for them, he'll likely move up the depth chart and possibly get more PP time. We'll have to see how long Murphy sticks (longer than 5 games if the injuries are still an issue?) and what Kitchener decides to do in his absence, but it could be a further opportunity for Corrado to shine through.

I didn't realize they had a Michal Jordan :bigblush:

I thought junior players that were "emergency recalled" were exempt from the 5-game rule (PKA the 9-game rule), was I misinformed?

I thought junior players that were "emergency recalled" were exempt from the 5-game rule (PKA the 9-game rule), was I misinformed?

I don't know if this is an emergency recall; it doesn't specifically state it anywhere. I guess it depends on how the Checkers are doing, did they have any available D to send up to the 'Canes? Maybe it would have to be since they'd already sent him back to junior and shouldn't be able to recall him otherwise - is there a loophole for that since it's the lockout? And for an emergency recall, does that only apply to being able to bring a player up from junior when you couldn't otherwise and have no affect on if it burns a year of their deal or not?

Edited by elvis15

I don't know if this is an emergency recall; it doesn't specifically state it anywhere. I guess it depends on how the Checkers are doing, did they have any available D to send up to the 'Canes? Maybe it would have to be since they'd already sent him back to junior and shouldn't be able to recall him otherwise - is there a loophole for that since it's the lockout? And for an emergency recall, does that only apply to being able to bring a player up from junior when you couldn't otherwise and have no affect on if it burns a year of their deal or not?

That's what I'm wondering. I could very well be mixing two rules into one as I am quite foggy on the details of the last CBA since it's been a long while since I last scoured over that document.

Well they've got a pro defensive mess and a junior defensive mess, why do they go with the junior one?

What I'm actually saying is why would they call up Murphy when they still have gragnani

Corrado finished with a powerplay assist and a +1 rating for Kitchener in their 3-2 win over the Sudbury Wolves earlier today.

Corrado went pointless and picked up 2 PIMS for Kitchener in a 2-1 shootout win over the Owen Sound Attack. He finished even on the night.

Corrado went pointless and picked up 2 PIMS for Kitchener in a 2-1 shootout win over the Owen Sound Attack. He finished even on the night.

Did Murphy play?

Did Murphy play?

Yup, he's back and had an assist and was +1.

Yes.

www.ontariohockeyleague.com ;)

What, you didn't even imbed the link directly to the boxscore? Lot of help you are... :ph34r:

Edited by elvis15

I see Corrado as more of a cross between Zbynek Michalek and Carlo Coliacovo.

Lol oh ya?