Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
b3.

Frank Corrado Talk

1,181 posts in this topic

He's more of a mix between Justin Beiber and John Scott. Somewhere in the middle....

8476302.jpg Wyatt Arndt had a point when he said Corrado has some manga hair. Work some gel and styling in there and you have a Cowboy Bebop sorta mop. Couldn't find a bigger picture of his picture from camp this year.

8476302.jpg Wyatt Arndt had a point when he said Corrado has some manga hair. Work some gel and styling in there and you have a Cowboy Bebop sorta mop. Couldn't find a bigger picture of his picture from camp this year.

20$ bet if anyone wants to take it. Corrado has a shaved head before he gains UFA status,

Here's an interesting development:

‘Canes recall ’11 first-rounder Murphy from OHL Kitchener

With a rash of injuries on defense, the Carolina Hurricanes have reportedly recalled the 12th overall pick from 2011, Ryan Murphy, from his junior team in Ontario.

Kitchener Rangers head coach/GM Steve Spottconfirmed the move.

Carolina recently placed defensemen Tim Gleasonand Joni Pitkanen on injured reserve and are currently rolling with a blueline comprised of Jay Harrison, Justin Faulk, Jamie McBain, Joe Corvo, Michal Jordan and Bobby Sanguinetti.

So, no better time than to give Murphy a ring.

This is interesting because it'll obviously affect the Kitchener roster. With Corrado being another RH D for them, he'll likely move up the depth chart and possibly get more PP time. We'll have to see how long Murphy sticks (longer than 5 games if the injuries are still an issue?) and what Kitchener decides to do in his absence, but it could be a further opportunity for Corrado to shine through.

This is interesting because it'll obviously affect the Kitchener roster. With Corrado being another RH D for them, he'll likely move up the depth chart and possibly get more PP time. We'll have to see how long Murphy sticks (longer than 5 games if the injuries are still an issue?) and what Kitchener decides to do in his absence, but it could be a further opportunity for Corrado to shine through.

I didn't realize they had a Michal Jordan :bigblush:

I thought junior players that were "emergency recalled" were exempt from the 5-game rule (PKA the 9-game rule), was I misinformed?

I thought junior players that were "emergency recalled" were exempt from the 5-game rule (PKA the 9-game rule), was I misinformed?

I don't know if this is an emergency recall; it doesn't specifically state it anywhere. I guess it depends on how the Checkers are doing, did they have any available D to send up to the 'Canes? Maybe it would have to be since they'd already sent him back to junior and shouldn't be able to recall him otherwise - is there a loophole for that since it's the lockout? And for an emergency recall, does that only apply to being able to bring a player up from junior when you couldn't otherwise and have no affect on if it burns a year of their deal or not?

Edited by elvis15

I don't know if this is an emergency recall; it doesn't specifically state it anywhere. I guess it depends on how the Checkers are doing, did they have any available D to send up to the 'Canes? Maybe it would have to be since they'd already sent him back to junior and shouldn't be able to recall him otherwise - is there a loophole for that since it's the lockout? And for an emergency recall, does that only apply to being able to bring a player up from junior when you couldn't otherwise and have no affect on if it burns a year of their deal or not?

That's what I'm wondering. I could very well be mixing two rules into one as I am quite foggy on the details of the last CBA since it's been a long while since I last scoured over that document.

Well they've got a pro defensive mess and a junior defensive mess, why do they go with the junior one?

What I'm actually saying is why would they call up Murphy when they still have gragnani

Corrado picked up an assist and managed to finish +1 for Kitchener in a 6-3 loss to the Saginaw Spirit today.

Corrado finished with a powerplay assist and a +1 rating for Kitchener in their 3-2 win over the Sudbury Wolves earlier today.

Corrado went pointless and picked up 2 PIMS for Kitchener in a 2-1 shootout win over the Owen Sound Attack. He finished even on the night.

Corrado went pointless and picked up 2 PIMS for Kitchener in a 2-1 shootout win over the Owen Sound Attack. He finished even on the night.

Did Murphy play?

Did Murphy play?

Yes.

www.ontariohockeyleague.com ;)

Did Murphy play?

Yup, he's back and had an assist and was +1.

Yes.

www.ontariohockeyleague.com ;)

What, you didn't even imbed the link directly to the boxscore? Lot of help you are... :ph34r:

Edited by elvis15

I see Corrado as more of a cross between Zbynek Michalek and Carlo Coliacovo.

Lol oh ya?