The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pathrik Westerholm Talk

b3.

In a wild, penalty filled 5-3 victory over Leksands IF, Vesterholm collected 14 PIMS of his own, which included two roughing minors and a ten-minute abuse of officals misconduct, picked up an assist, and fired 5 shots on net for BIK Karlskoga.

Is his brother a FA yet? I know the Canucks were interested in acquiring both of them

Not sure. I know he was invited to training camp a couple seasons ago and let go so I don't know if the Canucks' interest would necessarily re-surface. Who knows?

In their last game of the Allsvenskan regular season, Karlskoga defeated Orebro HK 1-0 and Vesterholm went scoreless, fired 4 shots on goal and finished even in the game. He also won 6 of 10 faceoffs.

• 8 months later...

we could still sign them as UFA's if we wanted, hell we could sign them to Utica and not waste NHL contract spots on them to try them out too.

Haha yeah! From the looks of it Utica can use all the offensive talent they can get, maybe they'll be like the Sedins...

In the AHL :bigblush:

You understand I presume that's Div, 2 Swedish league...this is not the SEL...he can't make the SEL how well do you think he'd do in the AHL or God forbid the NHL

the best teams in the Allsvenskan have a chance to promote into the SHL, and the worst teams in the SHL are demoted to the Allsvenskan at the end of each season by way of a relegation tourney. but i'm sure you knew that, since you're willing to discount it so quickly.

it's not that he can't make the SHL, it's that the team that he signed with just happens to be in the Allsvenskan right now, based on the fact that his team is #2 i the league right now, it looks like they might just promote to the SHL at the end of the season

Archived