The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

but it says you can have 8 dmen, 14 forwards or two goalies max at each position..for a total of 23 guys..so in theory one could have 8 dmen and 14 forwards for 22 and a goalie...right?

When a teams goaltender goes down to injury during the morning skate, what do they do? Dress an extra defenceman or forward? Or do they call up UBC, find Chris Levesque and sign him to a pro tryout on an emergency basis to back up the starting goalie?

I refer you to my previous statement.

On behalf of the entire Montreal Canadiens staff, I would like to wish everyone a safe and Happy Holidays! Enjoy your well deserved time off with your friends and family, because I know I will. However, I already can't wait to get back at it on Boxing Day...

3.1 – Active Roster Guidelines

Each roster will consist of a full 23 player roster. Teams are limited to a maximum of 14 forwards or 8 defencemen and a maximum of 2 goaltenders on an active roster at any one time. Teams can request a player be dressed in a different position (i.e: forward playing defence, defenceman playing forward) on an emergency basis, but this will be accepted for no more than a seven day period. Teams can dress any roster at their descretion, within these guidelines, provided that teams keep their players happy as outlined in Article 2 Section 2.

So, in theory....say the Flyers are on a five nights off stretch and then very likely to have Bryzgalov start several in a row...in theory I could assign Bobrovsky to the minors and callup a forward and go with 8 Dmen, 14 Forwards and Reimer in net for 23 dudes. No one would be terribly upset, since Bob is not waiver eligible he wouldnt get claimed...and life would be peachy.

This is just a hypothetical, as I don't have another forward to bring up, but if I did..that would work right?

Mike Green

Washington Capitals

Mike Green just came off ice after skating for 40 mins. Did some drills with team after some solo skating. #Caps

Green has now skated for four consecutive days which is another step in the right direction. He last played on November 11th and has only suited up for eight of the team's 32 games.

[RUMOR]

The Minnesota Wild are willing to move veterans for young players, picks, and prospect upgrades. Names being whispered include goalie Scott Clemmensen, wingers Joel Ward, Brad Boyes, and Nicklas Bergfors, and defencemen Jordan Leopold and Shaone Morissonn. Several NHL ready prospects are also rumoured to be available, including Chris Vande Velde, Brandon Segal, Taylor Chorney, and Patrick Maroon.

GM wallstreetamigo had this to say, "Obviously we are going to listen to any deal that can make our club better. We have several great veteran players who are at the stage where they would like a good chance at competing for a championship. Since we are rebuilding to some degree and going with a younger group, we are willing to move these veterans to help them get their chance at a cup and get back younger assets that help with our rebuild. We are not in a rush to move any players though and are not in fire sale mode. We are happy with our lineup currently and unless the right deal comes along we will be more than happy to stick with what we have going forward."

Archived