The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

So I got up early to watch the City match and well I was disappointed. This team is being distroyed by injuries. Still only 6 points difference. There is still a good chance City can win the title. Also I wish beyond anything that there could be a way to mute the announcers and just have the crowd noise in the background.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, otherwise said:

So I got up early to watch the City match and well I was disappointed. This team is being distroyed by injuries. Still only 6 points difference. There is still a good chance City can win the title. Also I wish beyond anything that there could be a way to mute the announcers and just have the crowd noise in the background.

You can, it's called going to the match. 

• Upvote 3

So I was thinking about the prices the Chinese teams were paying for mostly average players and how at the top level of European football money is thrown around like crazy. Also with Wenger saying recently that he thinks a £100M transfer is around the corner who do you guys think the first £100M player will be? Ronaldo to PSG? Neymar to anywhere?

IMO with Real Madrids impending transfer ban coming up and this might be their last transfer summer for a couple seasons I could see it being either Hazard or Pogba maybe.

On 2/6/2016 at 9:34 AM, otherwise said:

Crowd noise?  At City?  Lulz.

• Upvote 2

Bundesliga wants to trial video review next year. IFAB only has to approve.

On a sidenote it seems we have signed Spanish defensive midfielder Mikel Merino for next season from CA Osasuna for 3,7 m € + 1,3 m € bonus. Don't know the player really, but I trust our scouts. Now please sign an offensive midfielder and a replacement for Gündogan.

27 minutes ago, Lateralus91 said:

Bundesliga wants to trial video review next year. IFAB only has to approve.

On a sidenote it seems we have signed Spanish defensive midfielder Mikel Merino for next season from CA Osasuna for 3,7 m € + 1,3 m € bonus. Don't know the player really, but I trust our scouts. Now please sign an offensive midfielder and a replacement for Gündogan.

Curious as you are a bvb fan. How much do you value Aubameyang? 

33 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

Curious as you are a bvb fan. How much do you value Aubameyang? 

He's probably the best striker we had since Stephane Chapuisat in terms of pure scoring. When he arrived here, he still had some issues with his first touch and in 1 on 1s. Also he was playing wing first. But he's a lot better at both of that now and has found himself a place up front. He has a contract until 2020, so we have absolutely no reason to sell him right now. Also, the market is really complicated this summer with the PL clubs getting that huge amount of money so it won't be easy for us to find a replacement.

If someone wants him this summer, it's going to be very expensive. I think everything below 60 m € will go straight through the shredder. Probably at 70-80 m € I could see us sell him IF we find a replacement in time. But honestly, I think we will sign a young striker during the summer to get some minutes behind Auba and sell him the year after for probably the same amount we would get this summer.

21 hours ago, Lateralus91 said:

He's probably the best striker we had since Stephane Chapuisat in terms of pure scoring. When he arrived here, he still had some issues with his first touch and in 1 on 1s. Also he was playing wing first. But he's a lot better at both of that now and has found himself a place up front. He has a contract until 2020, so we have absolutely no reason to sell him right now. Also, the market is really complicated this summer with the PL clubs getting that huge amount of money so it won't be easy for us to find a replacement.

If someone wants him this summer, it's going to be very expensive. I think everything below 60 m € will go straight through the shredder. Probably at 70-80 m € I could see us sell him IF we find a replacement in time. But honestly, I think we will sign a young striker during the summer to get some minutes behind Auba and sell him the year after for probably the same amount we would get this summer.

Ya roughly what I thought he would cost to any team in the couple of summer windows. He is only 26 and still has room to grow.  Definitely not coming to man utd and EPL for the time being.  65-75M with bvb scouts and transfer history could make a very scary team.  PSG

Any targets you have in mind for cm? 

1 hour ago, milk and honey said:

Ya roughly what I thought he would cost to any team in the couple of summer windows. He is only 26 and still has room to grow.  Definitely not coming to man utd and EPL for the time being.  65-75M with bvb scouts and transfer history could make a very scary team.  PSG

Any targets you have in mind for cm? 

Haven't given it much thought to be honest. We tried to sign Oliver Torres from Atletico in January. He's talented, but I haven't seen him play in ages. Tielemans would be fantastic but probably too expensive. There's also still a chance Gündogan will resign. He wants to be at a club which is clearly better than Dortmund e.g. Real, Barca and now with Guardiola I could see him go to City as well. If he's not getting an offer from those clubs he will very likely stay. Juve already tried to sign him but he wasn't interested. Our sporting director Zorc said yesterday he's already in talks for an extension with Gündogan.

Just thinking about it: tbh if France don't win the WC or even in the Olympics in the next 8 years, it will be a travesty imo. 

Have a ton of talent and some of the brightest and youngest upcoming stars in the game with guys like Pogba (22 years old), Varane (22 years old), Martial (20 years old). Not to mention guys like Lacazette, Griezemen, Laporte, Zouma, Tolisso, Kurzawa..