The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Turned it off. Can't watch them lifting the trophy.

Where was Gomez tonight? Everyone will go on about Robben but Mario was just as bad. Invisible. Feel bad for the people of Munich. What could have been the party of a lifetime has likely turned into thousands of rowdy cockneys gloating.

Edited by Scottish⑦Canuck

4 years ago ManU missed the first penalty and chelsea missed 2 after. Sweet Justice, sorry Bayern you had to be on other side of cruelty of shoot out this time.

In what way is Chelsea beating Bayern sweet justice? I'd understand if it were Man Utd they were playing, but Bayern deserved to win tonight so justice would have been Munich lifting the trophy IMO.

I'm happy for Di Matteo though. He's done a good job since he took over. And I bet Abramovic still won't give him the job.

What a sick ???? season!

The feeling to watch the match with half a dozen friends, all talking about how easy it will be for Bayern, everyone except for me cheered for Bayern. They were mocking me hard when Müller scored, and even I thought it was over then. The feeling when Drogba makes it 1-1, the feeling when Cech saves the penalty from Robben on overtime, but most of all the feeling when Drogba scored the winning goal: unreal. I never had the guts to even dream about this before the rematch against Napoli, the games against Barcelona or prior to the meeting today. My pals were SO silent after Drogbas penalty, and after a while they whined really hard about how unfair it was. HATERS GONNA HATE.

Must be really tough for Bayern. 2nd in the league. 2nd in the german cup. And 2nd in Champions League at home: After penalties. Feel really sorry for Schweinsteiger, really like him as a player and have been dreaming about Chelsea having him in their squad.

Edited by Hedman

Where was Gomez tonight? Everyone will go on about Robben but Mario was just as bad. Invisible. Feel bad for the people of Munich. What could have been the party of a lifetime has likely turned into thousands of rowdy cockneys gloating.

Not like he was getting any service. How many times did you see Robben try and cut in off the right and look for a shot?

always have been and always will be a small club. that parade was pathetic, more turned up for Hearts parade :lol:

Doesn't matter. CHAMPIONS LEAGUE CHAMPS! :D

always have been and always will be a small club. that parade was pathetic, more turned up for Hearts parade :lol:

Whatever makes you feel better, haters are gonna hate. I'm from West London and been a Chelsea supporter all my life, blue is in my blood. The style of football can be played in so many ways, it so happens that the style Chelsea played knocked off Barcelona and Bayern Munich. CFC supporters and Chelsea FC can say we now have a European Cup.

and the fact that Spurs suffer after a 38 game season is just ridiculous

Spuds have no one to blame but themselves. They had their chances, plenty of them and blew them all away. The biggest chance was a few weeks back when Arsenal and Norwich took a draw and that reduced the Arsenal lead to a 2 pt gap. What does Tottenham do away at Aston Villa? What they do best, choking like they always have in club history by taking a draw.

I can sympathize with you,I was rooting for Bayern also.If it's any concellation to you there probably ain't that many cockneys in existence.You know! To be a cockney you have to be born within earshot of bow-bells(or approx 3/4 of a mile)