The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Raymond? Do We Really Want Him?

CanucksJay

after today's sad sad trading of Hodgson, as if Raymond didn't have enough pressure already.

Enjoy it grasshopper. Every one wanted you gone, but yet, you're still here, and instead, the fan favorite is now history. No pressure though.

haha somebody call the waaaaambulance!

Well good on Raymond for surviving the deadline.

I will hope that he can turn his season around now now that the deadline is behind him.

I really hope they try Raymond with Kassian. It could have the Boston effect of having weaker players step up and act/play like tough guys because they know they have backup.

I honestly think Raymond will be fine.

I'd like to see Kassian on the second line but I suspect he'll start on the 3rd. It could possibly even be the fourth until he's more aware of our system and gets some time with the team. What I'd most like to see is trying Kassian on the 1st PP with the Sedins and move Kesler back to the 2nd unit. The second unit gets stronger and Kassian could get a huge confidence boost playing with the set up Sedins. He's a big body that goes to the net, will be tough to move, and he shoots right.

Vancouver's 2nd line has no chemistry. Raymond does nothing other than turning over the puck when he crosses the offensive blue line as he falls on ice so often and so consistent. Raymond is at best a 3rd or 4th liner where he is effective because he can uae his speed to cover up his mistakes backchecking or get a scoring opportunity playing against less skilled opponents. If Raymond is kept on the 2nd line by moron AV, Vancouver will soon see a goal draught now that Hodgson is gone because both the 2nd and 3rd lines won't score and the twins are easily shut down.

For the Raymond lovers who keep defending his 2nd line ice time status:

I keep hearing these excuses

He works hard

He came back from a career threatening back injury

So tell me again, why can't he play on the 3rd or 4th line until he feels 100% and is showing he can play on the 2nd line?

He clearly isn't playing up to his "so called potential" right now but we are playing him over Booth and Higgins.

Maybe the best move should be to drop him to 3rd and let him get back in his groove and if Higgins, Booth, Kassian falters, Raymond gets another shot?

Do you guys really think he's better suited than the 3 players I mentioned for 2nd line?

haha somebody call the waaaaambulance! Well good on Raymond for surviving the deadline. I will hope that he can turn his season around now now that the deadline is behind him. I really hope they try Raymond with Kassian. It could have the Boston effect of having weaker players step up and act/play like tough guys because they know they have backup.

For the Raymond lovers who keep defending his 2nd line ice time status:

I keep hearing these excuses

He works hard

He came back from a career threatening back injury

So tell me again, why can't he play on the 3rd or 4th line until he feels 100% and is showing he can play on the 2nd line?

He clearly isn't playing up to his "so called potential" right now but we are playing him over Booth and Higgins.

Maybe the best move should be to drop him to 3rd and let him get back in his groove and if Higgins, Booth, Kassian falters, Raymond gets another shot?

Do you guys really think he's better suited than the 3 players I mentioned for 2nd line?

Archived