The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour/Report/Speculation] The Official Rick Nash Thread (Keep it all here please)

Scott Howson is an awful general manager.

Tells everybody that Rick Nash that he requested to be traded after the fact that he couldn't a complete a deal. Now Nash is supposed to captain the Columbus Blue Jackets for the rest of the season.

And now, he really helped the organization get more for Rick Nash by declaring he wants out. Remember what happened with Dany Heatley? Teams gouged the Senators and the best they could get for a 40-50 goalscorer at the time was Milan Michalek.

Just awful. Awful.

• 2 months later...

Honestly, I don't know much about him... never really noticed him much when we played against them. Seems like another "almost 2nd line" player like Raymond/Higgins/Hansen.

I would totally do Hodgson for Brown straight up (or for minor stuff going either way).

I think our team is better and deeper this year if we lost Hodgson instead of Schneider. Lapierre can fill Hodgon's 3rd line spot better than someone like Sanford (I assume he would come the other way in a potential Nash deal) can fill Schneider's.

I think Schneider is going to have ridiculous value at draft day. He also protects us against a troublesome problem is Luongo craps the bed in the playoffs this year... not only for the playoffs themselves, but going forward. If you thought it was bad this season with how folks were riding Luongo even though losing the SCF wasn't his fault. Imagine if he let in 7 goals a couple of games and we lost in the 2nd round this year.

He would almost have to be traded at that point as his stay would become untenable. In that case I would be very happy to have Schneider in the wings.

I'd be really excited if we can get Rick Nash on the team for some type of Schneider deal. His cap is pretty high, but there were a lot of average players that got outrageous contracts last summer (leino, etc.). Since the cap is going up a bit, I think it's worth it. Nash playing with the Sedins would be a dream come true.

I have to say... all the folks who told me it would have been stupid to trade Hodgson for Brown when Brown was made available earlier in the year.

Who would still argue that would have been a crappy trade?

Plus, an interesting bit of foreshadowing about the Luongo situation.

Archived