The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider For 1St Overall Pick?

Southpop45

229 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just a question... what happens if, for whatever reason.. Lou melts down in the playoffs this year.. and the crowd starts booing him right back into his shell again? Maybe Lou might want out of here.. I know I would :P.

"If" something like that came around.. then we'd keep Schneider, and deal Lou to a more forgiving market.

Personally, as much as I love Lou.. a fellow Italian.. I'd have to say Schneids has been the better goalie this year.

Just a question... what happens if, for whatever reason.. Lou melts down in the playoffs this year.. and the crowd starts booing him right back into his shell again? Maybe Lou might want out of here.. I know I would :P.

"If" something like that came around.. then we'd keep Schneider, and deal Lou to a more forgiving market.

Lots of great Dmen in this years draft rather than Schneider + for CBJ 1st overall I would rather see TB + Det 1st rounders for Schneids and the Canucks keep theirs, 3 First Rounders would really do wonders to restock the prospect pool.

But thats just me.

Schneider alone is worth the first pick.

Some of you need to realize that players in the top 5 pick are not automatics to make the team the year they get drafted. AV will not give this guy any slack if he finds him unready or other players being better (as he did with CoHo, and yeah I know he was drafted #10)

We are a top team with lots of good players that makes it tough for kids coming through.

So question remains, would you trade Cory for a guy who may play a couple years from now?

I'm a little hesitant right now, Yakupov took a really nasty elbow to the head a couple games ago, unfortunately he's a question mark right now.

I'd be down for picking up the first overall pick (haha who wouldn't?) and then packaging it for a 4-10 pick. Let us pick up a solid defensive prospect and a roster player.

Schneider alone is worth the first pick.

Some of you need to realize that players in the top 5 pick are not automatics to make the team the year they get drafted. AV will not give this guy any slack if he finds him unready or other players being better (as he did with CoHo, and yeah I know he was drafted #10)

We are a top team with lots of good players that makes it tough for kids coming through.

So question remains, would you trade Cory for a guy who may play a couple years from now?

Honestly, I'm not so sure I wouldn't pick Grigorenko over Yakupov anyway. A 6'3 C, who is already 200lb at 18? He might not be as explosive as Yakupov, but I was more impressed with Grigorenko at the WJHC than I was with Yakupov, and he's certainly built to withstand the rigors of the physical nature of the NHL game.

Patrick Roy has taken this kid under his wing and taught him how to be a complete hockey player, who is strong at both ends of the rink........thats a pretty attractive package. I like yakupov too, but I get the Ovie feeling from him of more flash than substance........if you could go back, would you pick Ovie or Malkin? I'd take Malkin

Archived